MA RXFX bargain

scene

Yes to me!
emotion-2.gif

Thanks for the heads up!

scene

Ooh, ooh! Mrs. S. has just phoned me at work to let me know that a large box with "Monitor Audio" on the side has just arrived via courier
emotion-1.gif

Can't wait to get home...

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
grdunn123:What time do you finish work Scene?? gonna be a long afternoon
emotion-2.gif

Oh dear, Scene has suddenly fallen quite ill and needs to go home before spreading the contagion around work - he may be gone some time.
emotion-2.gif

scene

ESP2009:
grdunn123:What time do you finish work Scene?? gonna be a long afternoon
emotion-2.gif

Oh dear, Scene has suddenly fallen quite ill and needs to go home before spreading the contagion around work - he may be gone some time.
emotion-2.gif

Funny you should mention that...
emotion-5.gif

emotion-2.gif

scene

grdunn123:I couldn't wait with mine! Didn't even use the stencil to drill the holes.....
Only thing is how high I should mount them on the walls? Mrs. S wants them as high as possible, I want them lower. Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Had mine professionally installed and they were placed 6" down from the ceiling and 18" in from the side walls.....Perfect!

scene

trevor79:Had mine professionally installed and they were placed 6" down from the ceiling and 18" in from the side walls.....Perfect!
That is interesting and I think sets my mind at rest. One of the speakers has to be next to a door, and I was thinking of having the top of the speakers level with the top of the doorway. That makes the tops just over 81" / 2.06m off the floor and 13" / 33cm down from the ceiling.

So pretty much between grdunn123's and your height, I guess. Thanks for the info guys
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

scene:trevor79:Had mine professionally installed and they were placed 6" down from the ceiling and 18" in from the side walls.....Perfect!
That is interesting and I think sets my mind at rest. One of the speakers has to be next to a door, and I was thinking of having the top of the speakers level with the top of the doorway. That makes the tops just over 81" / 2.06m off the floor and 13" / 33cm down from the ceiling.

So pretty much between grdunn123's and your height, I guess. Thanks for the info guys
emotion-21.gif

Higher! The bottom of the speaker a couple of inches ABOVE the top of the door frame. The company that installed my speaker system are Monitor Audio Main Dealers so they know what they are doing.

scene

trevor79:scene:trevor79:Had mine professionally installed and they were placed 6" down from the ceiling and 18" in from the side walls.....Perfect!

emotion-21.gif

Higher! The bottom of the speaker a couple of inches ABOVE the top of the door frame. The company that installed my speaker system are Monitor Audio Main Dealers so they know what they are doing.
Thanks for that. How high are your ceilings? Just ask as my house is a modern one with 2.4m/7'10" ceilings. If I put them just below the coving, then the bottom is level with the top of the door (or just below) and they'd be 10cm down from the ceiling...

Hmm.

A

Anonymous

Yes my ceilings are the same. Just measured them, they are 100mm off the ceiling. Hope that helps.

scene

One aside on my RXFX purchase... They were listed on eBay under Sevenoaks Glasgow, but when they arrived, they'd been shipped from the Kingston branch. Which is where I brought all my existing Arcam, KEF and MA kit (except for the RS-LCR). Which is nice...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts