admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How long would it take to run in my new Monitor Audio RS 6. It sounds not as good as my dad's old Dynaudio Audience 50. This is shocking, the bass is good but the midrange just sound thin and the treble a bit bright. What's the problem here, a 600 pounds speaker can't match the old 577 pounds speaker???

A

Anonymous

Did you audition the RS6 in the store before you brought the speakers home?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Like any speakers they take a little while to run in - also depends what other kit/speaker cables your using with them - you can also remove the metal mesh that covers the tweeter with bluetack or very carefully with a pin - do this with your system turned off - they are connected to the tweeter using the tweeters magnet.

You are also comparing something new with something you're very used to hearing so may favour the old initially - only time will tell.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tansriloi"]the bass is good but the midrange just sound thin and the treble a bit bright. What's the problem here, [/quote]

No problem here I don't think. I heard them twice and both my mate and I decribed the RS 6 sound just like you did.

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of RS 8's which are improving in midrange detail and coming out more all the time as I am running them in.(about 30hrs now)
I found it helped to bung the ports up with foam plugs to reduce the bass to achieve a better balanced sound. Perhaps when they are fully bedded in I might not need to do this anymore, we will wait and see.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]
[quote user="tansriloi"]the bass is good but the midrange just sound thin and the treble a bit bright. What's the problem here, [/quote]

No problem here I don't think. I heard them twice and both my mate and I decribed the RS 6 sound just like you did.

[/quote]
Spot on, although I'd say that a key trade off for the price point is a little boom.

Drummerdave

Dec 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tansriloi"]
How long would it take to run in my new Monitor Audio RS 6. It sounds not as good as my dad's old Dynaudio Audience 50. This is shocking, the bass is good but the midrange just sound thin and the treble a bit bright. What's the problem here, a 600 pounds speaker can't match the old 577 pounds speaker???
[/quote]

Well built speaker for the price but I sold my because I couldn't live with the harsh treble - metal tweeter to blame I feel.

A

Anonymous

I audition the MA RS6 in the shop. I compared it with my old KEF Q1 and it sounds so much better. ( RS6 got clearer and detail sound, the bass is different, its deep compare to KeF which is rather boomy on the air but the midrange is much open than RS 6 i feel. The RS 6 is very fine in the vocals but the Dynaudios is abit husky which makes vocals sounds more open. Yet to know which is better after a second challenge by this weekend.

My systems:

NAD C352, NAD C542, Van Den Hul CS122, Taralabs Spectrum 1a

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="tansriloi"]How long would it take to run in my new Monitor Audio RS 6. It sounds not as good as my dad's old Dynaudio Audience 50. This is shocking, the bass is good but the midrange just sound thin and the treble a bit bright. What's the problem here, a 600 pounds speaker can't match the old 577 pounds speaker??? [/quote]

Depends who you listen to your MA 's are either detailed, open and great or harsh, thin etc. All I would say to this is they will change a little bit but it wont be a day/night difference. You are hearing what they will sound like. Dynaudios are good speakers so no similar priced speaker will just 'walk over them'.

On the subject, I have heard speakers that sounded better fresh out of the box and started to 'loose' up too much after a while!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tansriloi"]The RS 6 is very fine in the vocals but the Dynaudios is abit husky which makes vocals sounds more open[/quote]

The Dynaudio are fabulous and you rather sidegrade to RS6, more money begging on this upgrade in my book...but if you fancy something different I suppose it make sense afterall I did just that far too many time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts