M2Tech and Network Attached Storage

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,

Is it possible to play music wirelessly using a laptop, NAS and a M2tech Hiface, connected to a set up?

I know i probably should provide more information i'm just taking a chance that this might make sense to someone.

thanks

A

Anonymous

If I'm understanding you correctly, the NAS device is holding the music files and is communicating with your laptop via your router, the M2tech Hiface is connected to the laptop via USB.

If the above is correct then yes you can connect the M2tech Hiface to a DAC and playback music from the NAS device.

rgds

Marty

A

Anonymous

If I'm understanding you correctly, the NAS device is holding the music files and is communicating with your laptop via your router, the M2tech Hiface is connected to the laptop via USB.

If the above is correct then yes you can connect the M2tech Hiface to a DAC and playback music from the NAS device.

rgds

Marty

A

Anonymous

rgds

Marty

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's a very common setup, you'd just need a media player on the Laptop. The Hiface would need to be connected to an amplifier by a cable, that bit can't be wireless but the connection from the NAS to the laptop can be wireless, assuming you have a wireless network at home of course.

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the response,

To clarify...... i store my music on the Nas. I then plug the Hiface into a usb on the NAS and connect to my dac with an RCA cable.

And then select music using the laptop which "sees" the NAS.

thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
gingersmarty said:
Hi and thanks for the response,

To clarify...... i store my music on the Nas. I then plug the Hiface into a usb on the NAS and connect to my dac with an RCA cable.

And then select music using the laptop which "sees" the NAS.

Err, is that how you want to do it or how you are doing it?

Plugging the hiface into the NAS assumes that the NAS can play the music itself, I don't know of any that can do that, the laptop is the player, not the NAS, the NAS is just storage, so the hiface should be attached to the laptop.

gingersmarty

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi again,

I currently am not doing either option, It might actually be quicker to explain to me how to set this up if it is possible, the only important thing for me is that there is no cable trailling from my laptop to the set up, if this is not possible then i do understand how to set this up wired so to speak.

thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts