M&K M-4T and pioneer

sorrellryan

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Hi i am interested in the M&K M-4t tripole speakers as surrounds for my current set up. However i am slightly worried that my reciever (pioneer vsx1019) is not up to the job of driving them correctly due to them being 4ohm and low sensitivity. Does anyone with more experience of M&K speakers have any opinions as to whether they will be ok in my system

I would really appreciate some advice and opinions.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I've ran 4ohm M+K K7's + K15's of a Pioneer Ax5i rated 100watts and never felt they wern't driven well enough. Your 1019 is rated 140 watts so i don't think you will find it lacking to drive the MKsound M-4T. They are fantastic value surround speakers i absolutely love mine. Not doubt higher power amplification will drive them better but i can't see you being at all dissapointed with them being driven by the 1019 based on my experience with the Ax5i.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I think I've replied to this one on the other channel...

The M4's will go fine with the Pioneer. I'd usually recommend 80-100Hz as a crossover point for them. The only drawback with this is that the Pioneer receivers have a single crossover point, which means that you'd also have to set your other speakers to this crossover pont too, unless you set the fronts to large, which I wouldn't recommend.

You have a better reply here as I can see what the rest of your system is.

sorrellryan

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Thank you both for your responses, I am glad that the amp should be ok for the meantime (I am slowly trying to build things into a respectable set up). I currently cross over my system at 80hz as this sounds best so hopefully all should be ok.

Managed to get an offer on the m-4t's I could not refuse. Looking forward to setting them up.

sorrellryan

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou v1c, that is where I am getting the surrounds from so I shall investigate the sub when I go and pick them up. Once again many thanks or your advice I am looking forward to getting them set up..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts