LXD700 or LZD80 ?

kev g

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
My Toshiba CRT tv died on me last week so am looking for a new 32" LCD. I`ve narrowed it down to 2 models from Panasonic but which one to choose ? Do I go for the older LXD700 with 100Hz but not full HD or the newer LZD80 with full HD but not 100 Hz ?

A

Anonymous

If you cannot stretch to the £680 LZD85 I would go for the LXD700 which has better sound than the LZD80 as well as the 100Hz which I think works well

kev g

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
Well, I have decided to save up for the Pana LZD85. This to me seems to be the best all rounder with SD & HD.

I did consider the Sony W4000, with full HD, not 100 Hz, but have read confilcting reviews about the SD performance which puts me off the set. Perhaps adding 100 Hz would haved cured this.

I contacted Sony & was told the W4500 is only available in 40" plus sets - a series which has full HD & 100 Hz. Their website now mentions 200 Hz sets but again no 32".

A

Anonymous

Either TV is good value for money at the moment. Given you want 32 inch it makes (virtually) no difference for SD stuff or for DVD. I have both HD ready and Full HD 32 inch sets and it's immpossible to tell them apart in everyday use on Freeview or for DVD playback. If you plan to buy a Blu-Ray player then full HD probably makes sense if only because it'll avoid scaling the image.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts