Luxman SQ-38u. Any plans for a review?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I noticed an advert today (in Gramophone magazine underneath Andrew's full naimuniti review on p115) a UK dealer advertising the 'new' Luxman SQ-38u integrated valve amp.

I have always had a bit of an ambition to hear one of these beasts. (Or at least one of their magnificently be-metered Class A solid state integrated amps.)

Are there any plans for WHF (or Gramophone) to review it? Evidently it has a UK distributor and - at least - one UK dealer.

I wish their equipment was a little more widespread so I could get to hear it. Even a London dealer would be close enough for me to me to make the trip. (Unless anyone at WHF knows of a London Luxman dealer.)

ps Andrew. Good naimuniti review and what about that Thorens eh? Looks interesting even though I prefer TT's with lids.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, no plans for a review at the moment. Gramophone audio pages already 'spoken for' - in terms of products scheduled - up the end of the year, so even if I got one now you wouldn't see anything until at least the February 2010 issue.

But yes, the Thorens is fascinating, and the story behind it even more so.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts