admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, hoping someone can help me

I have 2 lp's, Space by Magic fly & In the region of summer stars by The Enid, i would like to get these albums transfered to cd, does anyone know where i can get good quality copies.

I managed to get a cd version of the album by The Enid some 10 years ago but The Enid had lost/misplaced the original master so the album sounded total different which i did not like, no luck with Magic fly.

I've looked at usb turntables but i thinks it's a expensive just for 2 albums plus unsure of the quality, so hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction, if it's any help i live in Devon.

Thanks in advance

Alan

A

Anonymous

gwynne61, had a look at that website, can only find lp's, can anyone at whathifi help please?

Alan

gwynne61

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
al30tsm:
gwynne61, had a look at that website, can only find lp's, can anyone at whathifi help please?

Alan

Try the advanced search button at the top of the page, it's still on there through a Dutch seller at about £15. Just checked, hope you're lucky!

A

Anonymous

Hi JD

Unfortunetly it got lost many moons ago when i moved house, think my ex wife took it( STD turntable with hadcock arm & Corel mm cartridge, 777EX i think), so my records were looked after. Don't know of anyone with a turntable who may be able to help hence trying to find somewhere to get these albums transfered to cd, tried numurous places with no joy unless you want to transfer film to tape/dvd.

Was rather hoping that someone from whathifi would know of company that do as their in the business, like Mr E, if not then i guess that i'll have no option but to get a usb turntable.

Alan

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
If all else fails, I can transfer from LP to CD. I use a Roksan Radius through Naim amps, so the quality should be ok...

The only downside is the cost of posting safely - would you trust your prized albums to a postal system that insists on you waiting 15 days before claiming?

'Spose it also depends on where you are - I'm in Bristol, so if you aren't far away, you could always pop in for a cuppa whilst I record them for you...

A

Anonymous

Hi FBSF, that sounds right up my street, well yours actually, Gordano services is just over a hour away from me in Exeter (longer by tractor), so would love to take you up on your kind offer, is there some way to pass you my e-mail address or phone number on this site without everybody knowing?

Cheers

Alan

A

Anonymous

Hi FBSF

Do you think i should start a new post to the Whathifi team regarding the exchange of e-mail addresses?

A

Anonymous

Many many thanks Mr E, will make sure you don't get thirsty at the Whathifi show

Thanks again

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts