LoveFilm and Netflix

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all – I currently have a Panasonic TV and Blu Ray player. The BR player is extremely slow and neither it or the TV pre-date the whole Smart era thing. I'd like to find the cheapest way to get LoveFilm Instant (and if possible Netflix too) on to my TV and thought I might upgrade to a Smart/Internet enabled BR player and retire the old one. What I'm looking for is some advice on the best player – the cheapest with the best streaming capabilities. The BR will sit next to a Virign Hub/TiVo box so I could connect via ethernet if required.

Thanks for any help in advance.

A

Anonymous

That's helpful, thanks all. It may not be worth changing BR player after all then if the Roku has Netflix, SkyNow and LoveFilm available soon. I'd just need to choose between the three. Would you recommend the more expensive Roku? I'm concerned about streaming over WiFi (even though the box sits right next to the TV) because it's currently plugged into a Virgin TiVO box. The reason I wanted LoveFilm or possibly SkyNow is I don't want to pay 4.99 for each film from Virgin.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry to chip in again with stuff which is probably in the wrong part of the forum but this whole area is a nightmare. NetFlix, LoveFilm, SkyNow etc. The choice of platforms is a bit bewildering because there are so many differing opinions on quality of programmes/films, buffering issues, platforms possibly being discontinued etc.

Not to mention the array of devices you can watch some of them on. Apple TV only has NetFlix or iTunes, Roku NetFlix but no LoveFilm, the list goes on.

Baffling.

daveh75

I bought a Roku LT just before xmas to make the dumb bedroom TV smart, and have had no problem streaming HD content from the net or from my plex server using WiFi.

At the £40 it's currently available for, it's a bargain...

A

Anonymous

I was just looking at that and 40 quid is a bargain. But as I already have Tivo the only real "extra" I'd get is NetFlix/SkyNow and ideally I'd like LoveFilm in there as I'm currently subscribing...

What about PS3? Netflix & Lovefilm currently available, & Sky Now to come soon. Can also replace your blu ray player.

It was available at a bargain price not long ago:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hot-deals/sony-ps3-super-slim-for-£11899

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
What about PS3? Netflix & Lovefilm currently available, & Sky Now to come soon. Can also replace your blu ray player.

It was available at a bargain price not long ago: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hot-deals/sony-ps3-super-slim-for-£11899
£11899 doesn't seem like such a bargain :)

Papalazarou75

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
eggontoast said:
bigboss said:

It was available at a bargain price not long ago: http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hot-deals/sony-ps3-super-slim-for-£11899
£11899 doesn't seem like such a bargain :)

i did well getting one for £108 then me thinks, still £11899 seems most reasonable to me :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts