LOTR Bluray £39.99

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
cheapest i have seen

http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/product/Blu-ray/action_adventure/lord_of_the_rings_trilogy__the_blu_ray/234485.htm?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_campaign=movies

Waiting for the Extended cut versions though
emotion-40.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
You haven't got the hang of this marketing thing yet, have you? You're supposed to buy this version, then the extended cut, then the 'we've put three more false endings on each movie because the Blu-ray wasn't quite up to full capacity' cut, then the limited edition steelbook with the Cook with Gollum recipe book, then the one in the shape of Gandalf's head.

Then, and only then, will you be ready to start buying the 3D versions.

After all, "Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought..."

A

Anonymous

Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought...

huh?

Tooslow

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Hee hee! Spot on
emotion-2.gif

The best DVD (yup, I know this is Blu Ray we're talking about) I ever bought was one of the Star Trek series. Why? Because when you dropped it in the drawer it played the film!!! No trailers, no different endings, no bios, no "what language subtitles do you want?", no "property is theft", it just played the film!!! How jaw droppingly, achingly simple is that? More please.
emotion-2.gif

JH

A

Anonymous

It's raw rabbit or fish and no nassssty chipsssss. That's the only 2 recipes!

emotion-5.gif

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Garth Man:
cheapest i have seen

http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/product/Blu-ray/action_adventure/lord_of_the_rings_trilogy__the_blu_ray/234485.htm?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_campaign=movies

Waiting for the Extended cut versions though
emotion-40.gif

Having only seen the cinema length versions, can anyone say whether the extended versions enhance the story in any way or do they just drag the film out. I love the trilogy but i thought 'Return Of The King' went on for a good 30 minutes too much at the end.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I thought the first 2 extended cuts were amazing!!!!! The third one was very good......but even longer, making it an itchy view now and again!!

Personally I would wait until the other versions come out as they do make these exceptional films even better, but hey its your wallet my friend
emotion-2.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
stevee1966:Having only seen the cinema length versions, can anyone say whether the extended versions enhance the story in any way or do they just drag the film out. I love the trilogy but i thought 'Return Of The King' went on for a good 30 minutes too much at the end.

Difficult to say for someone else - my friend and I have very similar film tastes but I prefer the Extended versions and he prefers the Theatrical cuts.

Why not get the Extended versions on DVD from Lovefilm? Then you can decide whether to wait for them on Blu-Ray or just order the Theatrical versions when they're released.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

Why not get the Extended versions on DVD from Lovefilm? Then you can decide whether to wait for them on Blu-Ray or just order the Theatrical versions when they're released.

Biggest pain with the extended editions was the split-over-two-discs fiasco. The point to swap discs in T.F.O.T.R was fine. But the points you needed to swap discs in T.T.T & T.R.O.T.K were really poorly thought out.

I'm looking forward to the Extended BDs just so I don't have to sod about with swapping discs. They better keep the 6.1 soundtrack as a minimum too.

mcjwalters

Apr 19, 2008
Visit site
Personally I would rather watch paint dry then spend too much of my life on this over hyped pile of junk. Peter Jackson had one good movie in him and it wasn't any of these. Answers on a postcard to......

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
professorhat:

stevee1966:Having only seen the cinema length versions, can anyone say whether the extended versions enhance the story in any way or do they just drag the film out. I love the trilogy but i thought 'Return Of The King' went on for a good 30 minutes too much at the end.

Difficult to say for someone else - my friend and I have very similar film tastes but I prefer the Extended versions and he prefers the Theatrical cuts.

I am with the professor, the extended versions are superior. For example, in the theatrical version of" Return of the king" there are a couple of missing scenes which are an important part of the story. I was very pleased to find them in the extended version.

A

Anonymous

I have the theatrical DVDs, and will surely wait until the extened come out, the dvds are of exceptional quality for the format, i reckon the blu rays will be even better........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts