Lost Cause?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]It could have been that the sound waves were bouncing off the back wall, cancelling out some of the sound, and angling them has removed this. Either way, sorted![/quote]

Yeah - it's actually really interesting (says the inner geek in me).... as you say, if much of the sound was bouncing off of the side wall the effect would be similar to that of connecting the speakers out of phase.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="jbadman"]
[quote user="fatboyslimfast"]It could have been that the sound waves were bouncing off the back wall, cancelling out some of the sound, and angling them has removed this. Either way, sorted![/quote]

Yeah - it's actually really interesting (says the inner geek in me).... as you say, if much of the sound was bouncing off of the side wall the effect would be similar to that of connecting the speakers out of phase.
[/quote]

Well, that's taking it a little too far. Actually, bounced beams strengthen the sound. Its called 'Boundary Gain'.
But then again, if it works for you it works for you, we can all make guesses about it.

A

Anonymous

Dude.........have just read this thread properly. I'm so pleased you have things sorted, because I was in an identical situation 8 years ago in richer sounds when I first bought separates, so I have a lot of sympathy. I'd just got my degree and was really excited!.....I had 3 months off before starting work and put all my enerygy into getting a hifi. Richer were actually quite helpful, but their limited stock at the time meant I did not have the chance to demo the best products at the price I was willing to pay. I only found richer sounds after it was suggested to me by a guy in Comet!.......having only gone there because I thought that was the best place to get a hifi..........I was young, what can I say!

A few months after I bought, I noticed the mediocre reviews of most of my components and realised there were better things out there for me. Despite all this......I only updated my separates a few months ago, having learnt from my mistakes, and made decent money selling my old equipment.

Rambling a bit........but just wanted to give some words of support from someone who has been there. Glad things are better with your system.......happy listening!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts