Loss of sound output

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

After reading some interesting things on mains leads i decided to upgrade my mains lead on my CA 540R V2 receiver.As the mains lead was an integrable part of the unit it meant having to take the unit apart and internally wiring it in(the lead I've used is a good quality shielding cable ).Not a hard job to do but when i turned the unit back on i seamed to have lost some sound (not quality) i just have to turn the unit up a little more than usual.Can my ears be deceiving me or is there an explanation for this.

A

Anonymous

Didn't think i had any thing to loose as the cable was surplus to requirements lol !!!. It appears i did.Where did that sound go?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="oldphrt"]
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

Baffled by this one, but at least you seem to have proved that mains cables can affect the sound of components.

[/quote]

The better the cable, the worse the sound?

[/quote]

Just to clarify, right back at the start of the Mains Cable thread, I was asked by 'sex':

"please explain in detail hoh a mains lead works and do i need to upgrade my extension lead for it to work"

To which I replied:

"Umm it plugs into the wall socket and allows electricity to flow into your equipment?"

I am, at best, an agnostic in these matters.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Me too - just being mischievous in that answer to no1dad!

But people do tend to take seriously what's written here, which is why there's even more of an implicit IMHO in what I write in responses here - and often an explicit one, too! - so that no-one thinks I am delivering a party line from the magazine.

A

Anonymous

The cable that i have used is thicker than the original thus allowing less resistance (ohms Law)to start ,enabling the unit to draw more amps if required. By this and only my basic knowledge of electrics i thought that the unit would stay cooler and then be able to throw out more watts but the opposite seems to have happened.

I'm sure this plus the transformer would have something to do with it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts