Loss of power on Kef Kube 2 sub-woofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've had some KEF 2005 SE's set up through a Sony STR 2400 ES for quite a while now. Only thing I have changed has been the volume and crossover controls on the Kube 2. Today I have trialed a pair of Mordaunt-Short Aviano 1's from Richers which I am using as my L/R fronts for when i'm playing my cd's.

When I switched the amp to the 2-channel setting, initially the sound was brilliant, until I noticed that the right speaker dominated the left thus producing a inbalance. Also I've watched Transformers on Sky HD tonight with the surround on and even the wife noticed there was more volume/sound coming through both rears, whilst the Kube 2 sub had definetly lost some of its power. However that power appeared to be coming out of the MS Aviano's. I'm going to speak to Richers tomorrow about the inbalance, but as anybody had any similiar problems or got any possible answers ?

A

Anonymous

No, I haven't, but I hadn't noticed any problems with the L/R fronts or the sub with the KEF's before. I'm now looking at the set-up manual. Because my system is all in the corner I always have to move the speakers for cleaning etc, how will this affect the auto set-up for the speakers ?, will I have to repeat the set-up for the L/R fronts.

TRENDING THREADS