Lord of the Rings Trilogy Blu Ray £34.99 Delivered

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just got confirmation that the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on Blu Ray from USA Region A is confirmed Region Free and is available from Playusa.com at only £34.99 Delivered.

Here is the link to the site i use to confirm films that are Region Free or not from USA:

http://bluray.liesinc.net/

Also here is the direct link to pre-order the trilogy from Play.com's sister company Playusa.com:

http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/3-/13706687/The_Lord_Of_The_Rings_The_Motion_Picture_Trilogy_Box_Set/Product.html

Ive just ordered my copy of the trilogy from there and if anyone else is after a bargain and don't want to spend too much until the Extended Editions come out, then it's a steal for £34.99 delivered.

M

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the Region Free link
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

AL13N:Thanks for the Region Free link
emotion-1.gif

No problems, i use that site all the time and is 100% accurate too.

M

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

As long as you don't get charged any customs.....

Never had any customs charges ever when ive bought from them as ive used Playusa.com for years, also i think they ship from Jersey, probably the same warehouse as their sister company Play.com.

M

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi: As long as you don't get charged any customs.....
Ahh, the Customs Roulette. I've only had a bullet in the chamber once. Still, it hurt.

A

Anonymous

If my memory deceives me, im sure What Hi-Fi's very own Andrew has used Playusa.com before and im sure he has had no problems with customs charges.

M

AL13N

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
Panasonic Store:If my memory deceives me, im sure What Hi-Fi's very own Andrew has used Playusa.com before and im sure he has had no problems with customs charges.
I'm sure that's the case, especially as they dispatch from their warehouse in Jersey.

I was referring to an electrical item from China. What made it more painful was that exactly one month after recieving my order, the Chinese company also bought a warehouse in the UK (Tipton) to dispatch orders made from here.

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
You won't get customs charges unless it is over 150 euro but vat and other excise kick in at 22 euro (£18). I have rarely had any problem with anything £20 and under but if it is higher have been charged Vat (currently 17.5%) and the real killer, the post office handling charge which is currenlty £8. This £8 charge is for the privilege of them refusing to deliver your item, making you go to the local sorting office to collect it and handing over the vat anount and £8 fee so on £35 you may end up paying an extra £14 or so. There are other sites that pay the vat for you so don't incur the charge, but when you ordered it at £34.99 I am assuming playusa gave you the standard warning that you may incur charges.

A

Anonymous

sc1:You won't get customs charges unless it is over 150 euro but vat and other excise kick in at 22 euro (£18). I have rarely had any problem with anything £20 and under but if it is higher have been charged Vat (currently 17.5%) and the real killer, the post office handling charge which is currenlty £8. This £8 charge is for the privilege of them refusing to deliver your item, making you go to the local sorting office to collect it and handing over the vat anount and £8 fee so on £35 you may end up paying an extra £14 or so. There are other sites that pay the vat for you so don't incur the charge, but when you ordered it at £34.99 I am assuming playusa gave you the standard warning that you may incur charges.

No warnings as such, like i mentioned before, i have shopped with them for years and for example i have spent over £40 on one purchase and yet no customs charge. I was charged customs but with buying from Amazon.com as the product does come from America, where as Playusa.com im sure they ship from Jersey as everytime i have received a Blu Ray movie from Playusa it had the Play.com sticker on the envelope aswell as stating that it is a optical media disc and value, just like Play.com, which might give away the fact that it might come from the same warehouse.

M

A

Anonymous

AL13N:Panasonic Store:If my memory deceives me, im sure What Hi-Fi's very own Andrew has used Playusa.com before and im sure he has had no problems with customs charges.
I'm sure that's the case, especially as they dispatch from their warehouse in Jersey.

I was referring to an electrical item from China. What made it more painful was that exactly one month after recieving my order, the Chinese company also bought a warehouse in the UK (Tipton) to dispatch orders made from here.

Ouch and also a smack in the face specially they bought a warehouse in the UK

M

sc1

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
After pressing buy on the playusa site the following appears:

The product you have selected will be shipped from North America and may be subject to import duties and taxes once it reaches your country. These and any additional charges must be borne by you. If you agree to pay these additional charges should they be levied click I AGREE below. If you do not wish to order this product click I DISAGREE below.

I Agree: Continue with this purchase

I Disagree: Return to previous page

Charging is not always consistent, e.g. I have never been charged when ordering from a seller on amazon who ships from the US. It can be a bit of a shock though when you have to add so much on to the price without having realised.

Ade0407

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Just a quick comment, this edition on Blue ray is the version shown at the Cinema and not the directors cut version which is still to be released.

A

Anonymous

Maybe i rushed past that disclaimer screen quick as im used to ordering from Playusa.com and i do apologise but yes there is a warning that does appear about import duties etc when you place the order but from my experience i have had no trouble from Playusa and i have spent atleast £1000 with them already with no customs, import duties etc being paid on top.

M

A

Anonymous

Ade0407:Just a quick comment, this edition on Blue ray is the version shown at the Cinema and not the directors cut version which is still to be released.

Yes your correct there, the Extended Editions are being kept back until later in the year, i did own both the normal and extended editions on dvd and i did like the extended cuts but found them too long, so i might stick with the normal edition myself but who knows, depends what they add to the package of the Extended Editions that i might buy it too.

M

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately the extended editions won't be released on Blu-ray later this year (I wish). The most rumored date is somewhere around the theatrical release of the first Hobbit movie. That is late 2012 (also rumored).

A

Anonymous

JN:

Unfortunately the extended editions won't be released on Blu-ray later this year (I wish). The most rumored date is somewhere around the theatrical release of the first Hobbit movie. That is late 2012 (also rumored).

Oh, thats some time away, maybe ill stick to the Theatrical editions for now, i think allot of people will do the same as i dont think they will be prepared to wait that long.

M

A

Anonymous

Just read a review of the upcoming releases and it's less than favourable I'm afraid. Excellent soundtrack let down by a poor to average picture transfer. Such a shame.

A

Anonymous

daveywavey18:Just read a review of the upcoming releases and it's less than favourable I'm afraid. Excellent soundtrack let down by a poor to average picture transfer. Such a shame.ah for gods sake , if there was ever a transfer they needed to get right it is this , i was so looking forward to buying these
emotion-6.gif
deflating review LINK REMOVED BY MODS

A

Anonymous

Im still going to take the plunge and buy the trilogy as everyone remembers the review about the Gladiator blu ray that suppose to be a bad transfer but then when people decided to buy it including me thought the opposite and was a great transfer and i could not fault it.

So ill let you all know what i make of the trilogy when i receive it in about a weeks time.

M

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:daveywavey18:Just read a review of the upcoming releases and it's less than favourable I'm afraid. Excellent soundtrack let down by a poor to average picture transfer. Such a shame.ah for gods sake , if there was ever a transfer they needed to get right it is this , i was so looking forward to buying these
emotion-6.gif
deflating review LINK REMOVED BY MODShttp://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Motion-Picture-Trilogy-Blu-ray-Review/5174/

Hmm, Empire's review is MUCH better, no mention of any picture problems at all, in fact they seem to think the picture is really pretty good.

D

Deleted member 2457

I would be careful everyone if they are not perfect transfers with them releasing another lot later in the year, remember they are now doing Gladiator again.

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:
maxflinn:daveywavey18:Just read a review of the upcoming releases and it's less than favourable I'm afraid. Excellent soundtrack let down by a poor to average picture transfer. Such a shame.ah for gods sake , if there was ever a transfer they needed to get right it is this , i was so looking forward to buying these
emotion-6.gif
deflating review LINK REMOVED BY MODShttp://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Lord-of-the-Rings-The-Motion-Picture-Trilogy-Blu-ray-Review/5174/

Hmm, Empire's review is MUCH better, no mention of any picture problems at all, in fact they seem to think the picture is really pretty good.

i cant find that empire review , can you post a link please ?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:the_lhc:maxflinn:daveywavey18:Just read a review of the upcoming releases and it's less than favourable I'm afraid. Excellent soundtrack let down by a poor to average picture transfer. Such a shame.ah for gods sake , if there was ever a transfer they needed to get right it is this , i was so looking forward to buying these
emotion-6.gif
deflating review LINK REMOVED BY MODS

i cant find that empire review , can you post a link please?

It's in the latest copy of the magazine, so it won't be on the website yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts