Looks Like Comedy Central HD is preparing to launch on Sky.

daveh75

One of the Sky leased transponders on Astra 2B has been reconfigured for HD (DVB-S2) and is currently carrying 2 test streams!

1 of which is labeled as '3856' and broadcasting Comedy Central EPG data...

A

Anonymous

Sorry I have no idea what you just said. have no idea what a astra2b is or dvb-s2

Can I watch it now and how? Sorry to be thick, just not that clued up on tv data signals

Maybe it will be like 5, they say HD but nothing is in HD.

A

Anonymous

Keep us posted on frequencies etc please Dave when they become available...thanks!

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
canada16:Sorry I have no idea what you just said. have no idea what a astra2b is or dvb-s2 Can I watch it now and how? Sorry to be thick, just not that clued up on tv data signals Maybe it will be like 5, they say HD but nothing is in HD.

Astra2b is the name of the satellite used by sky.

DVB -S2 = Digital Video Broadcasting - Satellite - Second Generation. An HD broadcast standard.

daveh75

canada16:Sorry I have no idea what you just said. have no idea what a astra2b is or dvb-s2

Astra 2B is one of the four satellites used by Sky/other broadcasters on the platform, and DVB-S2 is the tranmission/broadcast standard for HD on satellite.

Can I watch it now and how? Not with a Sky box...You cant manually tune/add HD channels with a symbol rate of 29500.

Maybe it will be like 5, they say HD but nothing is in HDGiven a lot of the programming is old, i'd say there's going to be a fair bit of upscaled content-If it wasn't produced in HD,they cant broadcast it in HD
emotion-5.gif

daveh75

ricardo65:Keep us posted on frequencies etc please Dave when they become available...thanks!Sorry was late and forgot about the frequencies..

Frequency: 12090

Polarity; Vertical

Symbol Rate; 29500

FEC; 3/4

It wont be viewable with a Sky box, and i haven't actually seen any video broadcasting on it yet...

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dave and should we get it on Sky HD box when it becomes available from Sky as part of the HD pack then ? And what about Sky Sprots news HD that I have seen advertised recently ?

daveh75

ricardo65:Thanks Dave and should we get it on Sky HD box when it becomes available from Sky as part of the HD pack then ? It will be available, and should be part of the HD pack, but remember that is subject to change in october

And what about Sky Sprots news HD that I have seen advertised recently ? Launches on 23rd august, and im guessing you may need the sports pack to view it.Like above it will be subject to change...

A

Anonymous

Surely as a recent subscriber my contract should be unchanged for the fist 12 months anyway and any changes made by Sky should not effect anyone joining within the 12 months prior to October, or is Sky going to be up to it's ol' tricks ?? This is oe reason I held back form joining for so long and only made the decision because UPC were not planning any HD upgrades in my area for some time yet...

daveh75

ricardo65:Surely as a recent subscriber my contract should be unchanged for the fist 12 months anyway and any changes made by Sky should not effect anyone joining within the 12 months prior to October, or is Sky going to be up to it's ol' tricks ?? Sky state in thier T&Cs "Channels/programmes & prices are subject to change"
emotion-5.gif

Plus they've been contacting customers lately to inform them of changes to service-But they've been evasive as to exactly what those changes will be..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts