Looking to buy the Denon D-M37DAB, which speakers should I go for?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to replace my failing Teac Reference 500 system with the new Denon micro D-M37DAB and I am wondering which speakers to go for. My options are:

1) Buy the speakers that come with the Denon system.

2) Buy a pair of Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom speakers.

3) Stick with the B&W 601 S2 speakers that I already have.

Any advice would be appreciated

A

Anonymous

The B&W 601s are brilliant speakers also - I wouldn't have a doubt thinking they are better than the standard D-M37 speakers (although they are, as Andy said, very good also!) I wouldn't think there would be any point in upgrading to the Tannoys - however, give them a listen and find out!

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:The B&W 601s are brilliant speakers also - I wouldn't have a doubt thinking they are better than the standard D-M37 speakers (although they are, as Andy said, very good also!) I wouldn't think there would be any point in upgrading to the Tannoys - however, give them a listen and find out!

I think the Tannoys won't me much of an upgrade, just a sidestep with a different sound. Haven't heard the Denon so can't comment on those. Just listen and find out which you prefer.

A

Anonymous

Jan Hibma:Hughes123:The B&W 601s are brilliant speakers also - I wouldn't have a doubt thinking they are better than the standard D-M37 speakers (although they are, as Andy said, very good also!) I wouldn't think there would be any point in upgrading to the Tannoys - however, give them a listen and find out!

I think the Tannoys won't me much of an upgrade, just a sidestep with a different sound. Haven't heard the Denon so can't comment on those. Just listen and find out which you prefer.

Sorry chaps, but I disagree - I had a little Denon DM jobbie with the Tannoys and they were a big improvement over the standard speakers. Which, controversially, I think are pants (they are Mission designed aren't they?).

As you guys say, give it a listen and see (I presume you guys commenting on them have tried this combo..?).

A

Anonymous

Thanks Bloney, but that was I figured already. Maybe I should've been more clear in my post but I ment the Tannoy's versus the 601S2's he already owns.

A

Anonymous

I bought the Denon but with the Tannoy speakers a few days ago. I have not stoppeed marvelling at the sound quality.

But I think the B & W speakers will do as good a job as the Tannoys.

A

Anonymous

I also have a similar dilema - I want the Denon system but not sure what speakers to go for. I was considering the Tannoy F1 Custom, MS 902i or the Wharfdale Diamond 9.1

I want some decent bass response (although not too boomy) - I listen mainly to ambient, rap and dance music, but will also be using them for movies too. I was thinking the Wharfdales might be best. Not had chance to listen to any yet - anybody got any comments or recommendations ?ÿ

A

Anonymous

I have bought the Denon M37 and am now looking at speakers. Have read various reviews and forums and am not sure whether to go for wharfdale diamond 9.1 or Q accoustics 2010 - or even Tannoys f1. Only want to spend about £100 or so and am very new to all this so any advice would be much appreciated!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts