looking for speakers, need advice

gregorw

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I recently bought the Onkyo A-9010 and coupled it with the SONY PS-HX500 through Monitor cinch cables, have currently Eagle cables going to rather old Yamaha NS-G30 speakers. But, I feel there is more potential in this system and am looking to exchange the Yamaha speakers. Any recommendations?

Welcome to the forum. You will get a bigger audience over on the hifi section. This part is more to tell us about what you use, rather than to seek advice.

The points you should add, include:-

1. your budget

2. Size of room

3 Musical preferences

4. Where you live if not UK, because prices and availability vary so much.

Generally, bearing in mind your decent turntable, I'd suggest you should budget up to around £500 to get the best results, if you can. The QA 3050 would be a super floor-standing speaker to hear. There are many alternatives that you'll find in the review section of the website (and magazine). If you need smaller, then allow for decent stands.

Good luck!

gregorw

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Where in the forum is the place to put my question?

And thanks for the QA3050 tip, I will definitely consider it.

Best regards

Gregor

wuzzy10

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
nopiano said:
Welcome to the forum. You will get a bigger audience over on the hifi section. This part is more to tell us about what you use, rather than to seek advice.

The points you should add, include:-

1. your budget

2. Size of room

3 Musical preferences

4. Where you live if not UK, because prices and availability vary so much.

Generally, bearing in mind your decent turntable, I'd suggest you should budget up to around £500 to get the best results, if you can. The QA 3050 would be a super floor-standing speaker to hear. There are many alternatives that you'll find in the review section of the website (and magazine). If you need smaller, then allow for decent stands.

Good luck!

Hi, Not really a hi-fi matter but, I have a 'Book Shelf' mini Hi-Fi system which has an output socket for a sub-woofer. I don't want to leave this powered 'on' 24/7, so I want to find a self powered woofer which will switch off when no signal is present. Can anyone suggest a speaker that I could use, or a manufacturer of the amplifier unit?

Much obliged, Terry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts