Looking for some front speakers for Yamaha 667 - £250

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
And you can win the BX2s as part of a full Monitor Audio surround set-up here
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the incomplete post but for some strange reason my iphone4 wont work within the forum? Does anyone else have this issue? I cant seem to write more than a few words in the main message section.

After reading the reviews of the BX2s I thought i'd drop the idea of Q Acoustics 2000 and go upto the next level. But i was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for 2 Stereo Speakers for my system for about £250 which can periodically be upgraded to a 7.1 system (subwoofer isnt imporant at moment though)

Other than the BX2s, possible something older which has been reduce to the £250 level?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm just rather concerned you're planning to mix/match your front three speakers. That's a real no-go if you want tonally consistent surround sound - far better to have at least the front three speakers from the same range (or at least manufacturers' tonally similar ranges). You can afford, if needed, to be a little more flexible with rears and sub.

A

Anonymous

These would be a gift for my Birthday for my very nice girlfriend which is in November. Id then purchase the centre to match my 2 front speakers myself and then the rears would be a Christmas present (i've already planned that far ahead)

I dont think id have floor standers as the rear surrounds, as these are going to be mounted 30cm from the ceiling on the side walls to the listener

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
All sounds a good plan - you just need to ensure you can buy matching speakers as needed; the KEFs are an old design, for example, so you may struggle to pair them up with a matching centre (in terms of finish and range!)

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare,

Would you say those KEF speakers would be a better option than the BX2 speakers? Or should I maybe just go with BX2 since their more recent set?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I haven't tested the two together, so can't say - sadly. But the Bronze BX range has so far been a clear step up from predecessors - though we haven't tested the centre yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts