Question Looking for an HDMI audio extractor with a digital coax output.

Oleg

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a reasonable (< €100) HDMI audio extractor that has a digital coax output? All the one’s I’ve looked at so far have either 2ch phono and/or optical outputs only

Background: I recently purchased a Roku Express to watch Netflix. It’s currently connected to the TV via HDMI and the TV to my pre-amp via optical, but I’ve recently discovered my TV only outputs 2CH PCM on its optical port. Hence I need an extractor that’ll allow me to feed audio direct to the pre-amp, and I read in a review that digital coax is better than optical.

Thanks

Oleg

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
So, moving on.....I've given up on the idea of an extractor with coax output. What I've learnt so far is that they're just not in fashion any more, and the difference between coax & Toslink is minimal in any case (which is probably why).

So now, I'm simply looking for an HDMI audio extractor that will output Dolby Digital on its Toslink port, given an incoming datastream that uses Dolby Digital Plus. I've contacted a few manufacturers (J-link said no, Musou haven't replied yet), so does anyone have a setup where they're getting full 5.1 audio using a Toslink input on their pre-amp? If so, please tell me which audio extractor you're using.

Oleg

Mar 25, 2020
Visit site
Moving on again.....I bought the Musou, same problem :(. So I'm ready to dump both the Roku & Musou. All I'm looking for is a streaming solution whereby I can get 5.1 DD audio from Netflix (with the prerequisites that my pre-amp cannot decode DD+, and I do not wish to change my pre-amp because I am very happy with the sound both for music and Blu-Rays). I've been checking various forums & tech support the last week, but not yet had a useful reply. Is this just me being an old thickie not up with the current technology, or does no such solution really exist?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts