Looking for an All-in-one streaming Amplifier with an inbuilt Li-ion battery

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
I would like to know if there are any All-in-one streaming Stereo Amplifiers with a Lithium-ion battery inside the unit, that can be charged and operated using a standard USB adapter. Most of the USB adapters can deliver up to 140 Watts of DC supply directly. Or from Solar panels before passing to the inverter.
Apart from the added weight although most setups remain stationary in the listening room, the battery could hold a charge for up to eight days or more of average listening hours per day based on the users listening habits.

Last edited:

DCarmi

Not sure what your usage would be for an "amplifier" but there are lots of portable speakers with battery power. I did see a group in the park, yesterday, with a barbeque and an enormous battery powered PA speaker system.

It depends on how portable you need this to be and whether you need waterproofing etc. Some speakers you can pair together. Whether this counts as true stereo, is a different matter,

If you are looking for a mobile home solution then there are sites which are dedicated to such things.

Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
Or just buy a Jackery/Bluetti/Anker "power station"
The power station doesn't include a dedicated DC output connector, in case the amplifier does not have an inbuilt battery and powers using an external DC source. The USB power connection to the amp would generate enormous heat and power loss. Hence, I am looking for an All-in-one streaming Stereo Amplifier with an inbuilt Li-ion battery whose charge could last for a week or more to power bookshelf/floor-standing loudspeakers.

daveh75

The power station doesn't include a dedicated DC output connector, in case the amplifier does not have an inbuilt battery and powers using an external DC source. The USB power connection to the amp would generate enormous heat and power loss. Hence, I am looking for an All-in-one streaming Stereo Amplifier with an inbuilt Li-ion battery whose charge could last for a week or more to power bookshelf/floor-standing loudspeakers.
You seem to love dreaming up scenarios that limit your choices and to basically nothing!

Fandango Andy

It would be ideal for use post camping really, at home in the listening room say after a weekend trip.

What you have described sounds a little niche, not saying it doesn't exist but I have certainly never come across anything like it.

What makes you ask? Do you have a need for something like this, or are you thinking of patenting it and are checking to see if one exists.

If you have a need for something like this it may be worth describing how you are going to use. People may be able to help you find a solution. If your home is going to be without power for a week, some sort of "power station" may be a better option. Some active/powered speakers have inbuilt batteries.

DCarmi

You might look at Ruark. Perhaps the MR1 MK2 speakers with the optional BP3 battery pack. The downside is the battery pack charges from the power supplied to the speaker, when plugged in. The speakers power input is rated at 14V 2 amp, using a 3 pin plug power adaptor. I'm guessing you could use a universal charger from the cigarette lighter, with a suitable conversion cable.

The speakers themselves are quite tiny, so portable.

I've not listened to or viewed them but they get good reviews.. The support bluetooth apt-X and have aux and optical input which means you can add e.g. a WiiM or CD player. There is also a sub-woofer out, should you wish to add one.

WHF review https://www.whathifi.com/ruark-audio/mr1-mk2/review

Reactions: Kenneth Fernandes

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
What you have described sounds a little niche, not saying it doesn't exist but I have certainly never come across anything like it.

What makes you ask? Do you have a need for something like this, or are you thinking of patenting it and are checking to see if one exists.

If you have a need for something like this it may be worth describing how you are going to use. People may be able to help you find a solution. If your home is going to be without power for a week, some sort of "power station" may be a better option. Some active/powered speakers have inbuilt batteries.
It's more like replacing the toroidal transformer with a custom battery pack on the Cambridge Audio Evo series. Not really sure whether it would mean filing a patent for it or simply just an added innovation for future product launches.

Fandango Andy

It's more like replacing the toroidal transformer with a custom battery pack on the Cambridge Audio Evo series. Not really sure whether it would mean filing a patent for it or simply just an added innovation for future product launches.
My point was; you are asking people if they know of an item with a particular specification. I don't think it exists. Therfore, I am asking do you want to buy one (if it exists), in which case the forum may be able to give you ideas of what equipment may fulfil the functional needs on a different way. Or, do you think there is a need/desire for it in the market, and you have "invented" it.

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
My point was; you are asking people if they know of an item with a particular specification. I don't think it exists. Therfore, I am asking do you want to buy one (if it exists), in which case the forum may be able to give you ideas of what equipment may fulfil the functional needs on a different way. Or, do you think there is a need/desire for it in the market, and you have "invented" it.
I prefer to ask people and not robots. Humans only invent stuff, don’t they? That’s why I post on this forum. Hope that answers some of your questions.

Fandango Andy

It's a bit like asking if unicorns exist. Better to do your own research I feel.
Why nobody has said no such amp exists and leave it at that I don't know....

It was such a random specification I was just curious. Given some of the responses the OP has given I'm now thinking something else.

Attachments

• 1716299292923.png
    1716299292923.png
    450.8 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts