Looking for advice with first buy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

rainsoothe

I do like those Oberon 5s. Seem very classy. My only gripe with them is they’re floorstanders and if I was to put them upstairs wouldn’t they shake the house a little too much? I cannot express enough how much I’m looking forward to trying all this kit out. Hopefully soon I can.
Only you can answer that question, with a home demo - however, a Marantz amp shouldn't do room shaking, and neither should the Dali, I mean it's not like they have 12 inch woofers. Marantz + Dali make for a very balanced partnership, imo, with nothing sticking out like a sore thumb. But again, only you can decide if it fits.

Reactions: DevanteWomack

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
You have been given a lot of good advice here. I will just add my own.

When we come out of lockdown book some time at a hi fi shop, to listen to your chosen items. Take some of your favourite CDs. Then sit back and relax.

Don't buy that day. Sit back overnight, and think about the best sound you can get for your money.

That's my way of doing it. Then I phone the next day if I'm happy with what I've heard. And make my order.

All the best and hope you enjoy......

You can see below what I decided upon. Just food for thought.

Reactions: DevanteWomack

DevanteWomack

Nov 17, 2020
Visit site
Only you can answer that question, with a home demo - however, a Marantz amp shouldn't do room shaking, and neither should the Dali, I mean it's not like they have 12 inch woofers. Marantz + Dali make for a very balanced partnership, imo, with nothing sticking out like a sore thumb. But again, only you can decide if it fits.

Okay, ive got you. I promise you my Christmas starts the minute I can go into a hi-fi shop.

You have been given a lot of good advice here. I will just add my own.

When we come out of lockdown book some time at a hi fi shop, to listen to your chosen items. Take some of your favourite CDs. Then sit back and relax.

Don't buy that day. Sit back overnight, and think about the best sound you can get for your money.

That's my way of doing it. Then I phone the next day if I'm happy with what I've heard. And make my order.

All the best and hope you enjoy......

You can see below what I decided upon. Just food for thought.

Thank you,I shall definitely be following yours and everyones else's advice.

Its really nice to be a newcomer on a forum and get given such great and friendly help. In times like this it truly does mean a lot. Ill add your set up to the items I research this evening.

gasolin

Hi. Both the above replies are spot on, great advice. Personally, I'd try to audition Marantz PM7000N + Dali Oberon 5, Quad Vena 2 + Quad S2 speakers, Cambridge Audio CXA61 + Wharfedale Linton (if you can provide them with space), Rega Brio + Triangle BR03 (or the Dalis) + Bluesound Node 2i and finally, if you don't mind sh, a Naim Unitiqute 2 + the Focal Aria 906.

For standmounts, factor in the price of decent stands (Atacama are great quality for the pound).

Not triangle borea Bro3 thy highs are a little sharp and lack alot of bass

fr_on1530.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts