Looking for advice on great, simple to use Bluetooth speakers for basic streaming

JRW

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi all! Sorry for the ignorance, but I am looking for 2 speakers in a new home without fuss. Basically, blue tooth and simple is the goal here. I would love to find two speakers that are top quality sound, but do not require an amp or other complicated set up. Budget is US$1K or less. Any advice? Stand ups would be great...I just want some great sound without too many components.

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
By ‘stand up’ do you mean floorstanding? They are less common than bookshelf/stand mount models.

As you are in the US you’d probably get best value from brands like Klipsch (who seem to do a floorstanding active speaker with Bluetooth in your price range) or SVS (who do few by the looks of it - link - and the bookshelf ones got a good review in HiFi Choice).

Have you got a dealer nearby where you could check these brands out?

JRW

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
By ‘stand up’ do you mean floorstanding? They are less common than bookshelf/stand mount models.

As you are in the US you’d probably get best value from brands like Klipsch (who seem to do a floorstanding active speaker with Bluetooth in your price range) or SVS (who do few by the looks of it - link - and the bookshelf ones got a good review in HiFi Choice).

Have you got a dealer nearby where you could check these brands out?
Thanks for the solid advice! I will check to see if there is a dealer that can help. The main issue for me would be finding a very good pair of speakers that doesn’t need an amp or any other components...something that can Bluetooth and stream, but still have really good sound.

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
What you are looking for is a powered or active speaker pair with Bluetooth so for example, the Klipsch model I referred to is:

The SVS models are:

These are examples of speakers that plug into mains power and then there is normally a cable to connect the two speakers together. After that is set up, you would just connect to Bluetooth and go. There are other features but you don’t need to worry too much about them if you are only interested in Bluetoot.

If you visit a local dealer, they might have other similar products for you to try.

D

Deleted member 116933

A pair of Sonos play 5 really should do the job. All the power of a floor stander to be honest.
You can cast to them AirPlay the lot and they don’t sound bad in-fact they’re pretty fun

Just bought some for a second system in the house and wanted it clutter free.

If want a more futuristic take phantom reactors might be a good shout. Again loads of mussel don’t know how much they are in the states though

Really over there you have loads of brands
swan, edifer and many more I’m sure, active seems to be a much bigger deal over there

best advice I can give as your going active is not to get hung up on floor standing v stand mounted there all very powerful.

Sonos though will give you everything ask and more that would be my pick

JRW

Jul 6, 2020
Visit site
You guys are so helpful! I never would have found these options. I love the Klipsch, which seems like an ideal solution. that being said, now looking at the Sonos, they look pretty good. I have been comparing specs...I guess my last question would be: which of the two is going to give better sound with more power. I am hoping to dig deeper into jazz and classical, so assume both have a direct line which would improve sound. Again, sorry I am so ignorant....it is so nice to have a community of knowledgeable people helping out!

D

Deleted member 116933

Sonos play 5s have a line level for legacy gear. Other than that everything is streaming based. Tidal Spotify and so on. Power wise I suspect they’ll give the Klipsch a run for the money. I don’t think you would be unhappy with either.

I love Klipsch I own the heresy 3 speakers but Sonos have the market In this respect, nothing does network streaming better for the price. The whole package is very well thought out. I find them so handy to use that I use them more than my main system. And that’s saying something. I love my Klipsch based system

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts