looking for a small amp with DAC

JorisC

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Dear all,

I recently bought a new pc (without seperate soundcard) and I'm looking to upgrade the sound/music performance. I want to get rid of my Creative 2.1 pc speakers and replace it with a small (in dimensions) amp if possible with a built-in DAC (to avoid extra boxes and voltage cables). Second demand is adding a 2nd pair of speakers for next room (bath room).

Besides the pc, I want to add a Sonos Connect (already have a Play3 and ZP90 in other rooms).

Speakers will be B&W DM17 or DM12.

I can buy a Cyrus 6XP but has no built-in DAC, upgrade can be done to a Cyrus 8DAC but is over budget. Besides it has zone 2 output (but Zone 2 needs another amp).

Just read that Rotel RA-11 & RA-12 have built-in DACs and 2nd pair of speakers can be added. But it is maybe to wide to place on my small desk.

Are there other (small) amps with built-in DAC and 2nd pair of speakers out there?

SteveR750

JorisC said:
Dear all,

I recently bought a new pc (without seperate soundcard) and I'm looking to upgrade the sound/music performance. I want to get rid of my Creative 2.1 pc speakers and replace it with a small (in dimensions) amp if possible with a built-in DAC (to avoid extra boxes and voltage cables). Second demand is adding a 2nd pair of speakers for next room (bath room).

Are there other (small) amps with built-in DAC and 2nd pair of speakers out there?

NAD C390DD?

I suspect it's way too large / over specced for what you are looking for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts