Long time since I brought HiFi - advice needed

newmangary

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
Hi, last HiFi equipment I brought was late 80's / early 90's - NAD 3020e Amp with JBL TXL12 speakers and CD player. Now the kids have finally left home its time to start again but where to start. Nothing to extravagant - budget to start is probably around £1K which I know is not much in the HiFI world. Record player is OK for now, will upgrade later so initially CD, Amp and Speakers which would ideally be wall mount due to space. Also ability to stream from Spotify. Room is approx 5M x 3M.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Attachments

• 20220426_150905.jpg
    20220426_150905.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220426_150827.jpg
    20220426_150827.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 7

Symples

Aug 12, 2021
Visit site
A bit predictable, but let's go for it.

The CD player and amp would be the Marantz 6007 series.
£850 for both in Richersounds.

That would leave around £150 for speakers.
Why not push it to £200?

There are Fyne Audio, Dali and Wharfedale (all bookshelf) models which I think are rather good as a starting point.
Floor mounted speakers would cost that much more and to be honest, I am not so sure that you would be able to purchase a quality floor mounted speaker in my selection.

But hey... prove me wrong :)

Are you prepared to consider second hand? The downside is that it'll be hard to demo, the upside is that you should be able to get rather more capable kit for your budget.

Is this part of a longer-term plan? If so, you might be better served by spending more on each bit of kit and staggering your buys. You won't get the best out of every purchase initially, but it'll be more cost-effective than changing several times.

Reactions: Symples and Al ears
With a grand budget, I’d say go to your nearest richer sounds and have a chat with them. They will probably have everything you need. 👍

something like this

Reactions: Symples
With a grand budget, I’d say go to your nearest richer sounds and have a chat with them. They will probably have everything you need. 👍

something like this

Can this stream from Spotify?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts