Logitech Squeezebox Touch Questions

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have read in another thread that the Logitech ST is getting discontinued. I was looking at purchasing 1 of these for 2 uses.

Firstly to play music from a small external hard drive and secondly to stream music from Spotify premium. Is this still my best option under £200 or is there anything else I should be looking at?

I will be using it with an ethernet cable from my router and phono outs into my amp. :)

Crocodile

Jan 15, 2009
Visit site
The hardware in the Touch that runs the inbuilt server for USB/SD is woefully underpowered. As such, satisfactory results from a local disk are a bit of a lottery & I wouldn't recomend a Touch for that scenario.

nads

it will do it but i would look to an externally powered harddrive rather than one powered by the USB.

but as above i would look to a suitable NAS and run the software on that.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. The hard drive is actually mains powered. Not sure what other options are available for this kind of money. :?

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Does Spotify have to be downloaded onto the Touch, I can't see it in the blurb if so is it the mobile app or the same as my laptop ?

Maybe a dumb question, sorry, but in the same position and don't know whether to get this or Sonos but as it is being discontinued may take the plunge as it is cheaper, will lose less if it's the wrong decision.

TRENDING THREADS