LOGITECH HARMONY ONE

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
This may be a daft question, but in order for this to operate all my devices correctly, do I need to leave my TV on standby all the time and if so what is the electricity consumption like and is it bad for my TV ?

A

Anonymous

To be able to turn it on you need to have it on standby like your normal remote. It doesnt work if you pull out the powercord on your tv. The remote wont lose the settings you have for the tv if you pull the cord though if that is what you were thinking about.

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Yes you do, negligible and no it isn't, however, don't tell any 'green' friends. You could do what I do....leave the tv in standby during the day and switch it off overnight.

A

Anonymous

In the Harmony set-up, you can set your devices to 'always on' (or something like that) -- then you can switch on each device manually, and save on the power bill.

I doubt if you'll se much difference on your personal power bill if the TV is all that's left on constantly. From a global point of view, though, all the equipment that's on stand-by around the world, actually makes a big difference.

DJEPSON

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I have put in a command so that when I want to watch a DVD, the DVD tray is supposed to eject, I have put the delay a 10 secs to allow stuff to turn on, but the DVD wont tray wont eject, am I doing something wrong ?

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
DJEPSON:I have put in a command so that when I want to watch a DVD, the DVD tray is supposed to eject, I have put the delay a 10 secs to allow stuff to turn on, but the DVD wont tray wont eject, am I doing something wrong ?

Possibly but first check you can control DVD via devices , If you go into devices from the menu can you open/close DVD from there?? If not the remote is not recognising your device.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Watch the remote - when it sends the signal for the DVD tray to open is the DVD actually powered on and ready to receive the eject signal? In other words, is 10 seconds long enough for the DVD player to get into a ready state?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Ah I see. Strange one. I actually remember something similar with my 555 when I set it up and in the end decided I didn't really want the DVD player to eject when I switched it on so didn't worry about it. Could be worth a call into Logitech - they're normally quite good.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts