Logitech Harmony 1100 Universal Remote £229.99!!

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Yes, mine was delivered earlier today from Play, and that price included free delivery too. The 515 remote is also very cheap at Play, being just £29.99 against a RRP of £69.99.

A

Anonymous

It's AU$378.95 (£210.45) + P&H from Shopping Square Australia.

wireman

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Sonic Dreamer:How did you find this Wireman? I've been humming an hawing on going for this or the Harmony 900?
I was humming and hawing on this 1100 or the 'one', but that price of £230 was too good to ignore. People comment that they prefer the one-handed use of the 'one', but in reality this is great - you just let it sit on the sofa cushion or the armrest and poke at the screen... no need to actually pick it up at all! On the down-side, it's taking time to set-up properly (no database codes for my air-conditioning for example), but I can see the potential of it as a 'remote for life', and the attraction of the large touch-screen over the one-handed alternatives. Once I've got it all set up, I think I'll be glad I opted for this over the harmony one. But I don't understand why you're considering the 900 instead of the one or this 1100 (given the price of the 900), unless you specifically need the RF capability of the 900 - or am I missing something?

Sonic Dreamer

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
wireman:Sonic Dreamer:How did you find this Wireman? I've been humming an hawing on going for this or the Harmony 900?
I was humming and hawing on this 1100 or the 'one', but that price of £230 was too good to ignore. People comment that they prefer the one-handed use of the 'one', but in reality this is great - you just let it sit on the sofa cushion or the armrest and poke at the screen... no need to actually pick it up at all! On the down-side, it's taking time to set-up properly (no database codes for my air-conditioning for example), but I can see the potential of it as a 'remote for life', and the attraction of the large touch-screen over the one-handed alternatives. Once I've got it all set up, I think I'll be glad I opted for this over the harmony one. But I don't understand why you're considering the 900 instead of the one or this 1100 (given the price of the 900), unless you specifically need the RF capability of the 900 - or am I missing something?

Thanks for the reply. Welllllll, I've taken the plunge.... I was considering the 900 purely for the RF; I don't need it just now as all my kit is visible, but I was thinking of long-term options in case my kit ends up inside cabinets. Amazon.co.uk may better Play.com when they realise the latter has chopped so much off the price (they tend to match competitor's deals across the board), so I will leave it in the box for a week.

Cheers,
SonicD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts