Logging Out Of Hotmail

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi i have "samsung galaxy S2" ive set -up hotmail and im not sure how to log out of hotmail.I also have Gmail and its better as i gives me option to log out

SteveR750

mattytun1514 said:
Hi i have "samsung galaxy S2" ive set -up hotmail and im not sure how to log out of hotmail.I also have Gmail and its better as i gives me option to log out

You can access hotmail in two ways, either through the default email client which is permanently logged on, or you can download the hotmail app, which allows you to access multiple accounts and "pause" them. Is that what you were looking for?

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean, I have found it impossible to log out, Yahoo is a bit different, you can log out, but when you want to log in again, your password is retained by the phone, so you just click log in.

So much for security!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
This is a problem with phone and tablet OS' if you ask me. Designed for single-person use.

Whenever I finish on my laptop I press Windows and L, and the next person to use it logs in as themselves or guest.

But if the kids have worked out the login PIN, then change it, perhaps to a login password.

Part of the beauty of android etc is the ability to push email, which won't happen if you log off.

Otherwise, I found this free app that can put a lock on individual apps

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sp.protector.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5zcC5wcm90ZWN0b3IuZnJlZSJd

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Lee H said:
SteveR750 said:
The_Lhc said:
What would be the point of logging out?

Teenage kids messing with dad's phone is a good enough reason IME

That's what PIN codes are for

They have managed to wortk them out.

Change it to something else. And don't leave your bank cards lying around.

@LHC - I don't keep it in my pocket 24/7 (does anyone?)

Err, yes. I fail to see the point in having a mobile phone if it isn't actually with you, if you just leave it in the same place then surely it's no different to a landline? If you're complaining because your kids are using your phone when you leave it lying around then surely the answer is obvious, don't leave it lying around*. Or is that too much personal responsibility to be dealing with?

*Or discipline your kids but then who would do something like that in this day and age?

SteveR750

er no. I dont take my phone into the shower, or into the toilet. Occasionally it gets left on a table, kicthen top etc. This seems to me to be pretty normal behaviour. I wasnt really complaining, simply agreeing with the OP, and no I wouldnt discipline my kids for playing a harmless albeit irritating joke, it's what teenegars do and always did do. I don't have a discipine problem with my sons whatsoever.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
er no. I dont take my phone into the shower,

So while you're in the shower your kids go into your room and mess with your phone?

or into the toilet.

Really? It's not just sitting in your trouser pocket?

Occasionally it gets left on a table, kicthen top etc. This seems to me to be pretty normal behaviour. I wasnt really complaining, simply agreeing with the OP, and no I wouldnt discipline my kids for playing a harmless albeit irritating joke, it's what teenegars do and always did do. I don't have a discipine problem with my sons whatsoever.

So when you tell them to stop ****ing around with your phone they listen? Doesn't seem like it.

SteveR750

Er I don't think messing with it once constutues parental failure! Jeez, it helps if you actually knew the real facts, and didn't take everything quite so literally and seriosly. I'd smile but you're becoming an irritating pr*tt. Well done. :clap:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Er I don't think messing with it once constutues parental failure! Jeez, it helps if you actually knew the real facts, and didn't take everything quite so literally and seriosly. I'd smile but you're becoming an irritating pr*tt. Well done. :clap:

Did you say once? No. If it's only once why are you worrying about it? If it hasn't happened since why bring it up at all, if it isn't an issue. Don't blame others for not having all the facts when you don't bother to provide them. Your lack of logic is irritating me, so we're even.

SteveR750

I simply made a throwaway comment to the OP as to why you might possibly want to not leave your phone logged into your email apps. It's ended up with your frankly offensive comments about my private life. You simply have no idea of my circumstances, no idea whatsoever, and circumstances which I do not want to share, let alone justify in any way to some on line borderline troll. Irritated? you betcha, in fact I am livid. Please give some thought before you pass comment and judgement and spoil yet another persons day; I really thought you had more courtesy. My bad.

I think that is a reasonably logical request, so please leave it at that ok.

A

Anonymous

Hey Steve, it's just a forum, don't let things that peeps on here say bother you, especially The_lhc, everybody knows he's just a big bold baby troll :grin:

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
ooh.. said:
Hey Steve, it's just a forum, don't let things that peeps on here say bother you, especially The_lhc, everybody knows he's just a big bold baby troll :grin:

Really? I don't think that. Still, I guess if you've been banned once and had to change your name you'll know more about trolling.

Any-hoo, I'd just change your pin or put a pattern recognition unlock on it.

John Duncan

Lee H said:
banned once

Higher!

Bruce-Forsyth-host-of-ITV-007.jpg

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
I simply made a throwaway comment to the OP as to why you might possibly want to not leave your phone logged into your email apps. It's ended up with your frankly offensive comments about my private life. You simply have no idea of my circumstances, no idea whatsoever, and circumstances which I do not want to share, let alone justify in any way to some on line borderline troll. Irritated? you betcha, in fact I am livid. Please give some thought before you pass comment and judgement and spoil yet another persons day; I really thought you had more courtesy. My bad.

Steve, you're absolutely right, I took a minor thing like not seeing the point in the original question (which wasn't even your question, I barely noticed that), mixed it with some general irritation at the direction this forum has taken recently and took it out on the first thing I found, which happened to be you. That was unnecessary and petulant of me and I offer you an unreserved apology. I understand if you don't wish to accept it, that would be fair enough.

If you'll excuse me I have some serious thinking to do.

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
ooh.. said:

It could be worse, I could be you Max...
I'm just trying to make light of things, you know you love me anyway, resistance is futile :hand:

SteveR750

The_Lhc said:
SteveR750 said:

Steve, you're absolutely right, I took a minor thing like not seeing the point in the original question (which wasn't even your question, I barely noticed that), mixed it with some general irritation at the direction this forum has taken recently and took it out on the first thing I found, which happened to be you. That was unnecessary and petulant of me and I offer you an unreserved apology. I understand if you don't wish to accept it, that would be fair enough. If you'll excuse me I have some serious thinking to do.

Accepted and appreciated. Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts