Loewe TV - anyone have one

D

Deleted member 2457

My local home cinema shop sells them and so does John Lewis:

http://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/televisions/all-tvs/loewe=brand/c800005013?sortOption=priceLow

I think they are quite good, I prefer Panasonic plasmas but they are good and normally have good sound too.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
They are high quality, very expensive and very good.

After the demise of Pioneer, it's now the TV of choice of my dealer. Their sound is certainly a cut above, but you will pay handsomely.

IMO.They make some of the very best LCDs.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Thanks CNO,

The features were very impressive and without knowing the settings for the picture the PQ was very sharp, maybe a little on the bright side for my eyes.

IIRC. I think the more expensive models have polarized screens, which looked great on the high def stuff that was playing on it.......check this out though, as I could be mistaken.

michael hoy

CnoEvil said:
IIRC. I think the more expensive models have polarized screens, which looked great on the high def stuff that was playing on it.......check this out though, as I could be mistaken.

The Individual has a glass contrast filter with anti reflective coating on both sides, could be polarized.

Starting price £3700 without the speaker for a 46".

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Loewe tvs are very underrated when compared to the competion, but are unique in many ways. First of all the build quality is second to none i love the GUI on there tvs and sound quality is head and shoulders above what you will hear from your samsungs sonys etc... etc... And only comes second to bang-olufsen.

i actually had the connect ID in the 46 inch and loved the styling sound quality, it had a pair of downward firing woofers and a pair of broadband speakers had a output of 80 watts. It also had a very natural picture quality.

I did develop a fault on mine plus some issues with the technician scratching the bezel of the tv and not actually fixing the problem i had with it and although i was offered a straight swap i thought I'd wait and get a refund and see if i could stretch to one of the individual compose with the contrast glass.

i recently had a demo of there latest range the reference ID and the individual slimframe and i have too say i haven't seen a better picture on an led tv. The motion clarity was just jaw droppingly amazing, fluid sharp and stable.

the colours popped but wasn't in yer face garish and the new double coated anti reflective screen added so much dimensionality to the picture that words can't describe.

If anyone could get a chance and go to either selfridges or Harrods i would urge you to go have a look at these stunning screens and see for yourselfs. There's a new screen coming in August which is a revamp to the older art range and will be coming in 32, 40, 50 and 60 inches so I'm also keeping a look out for those to.

i would recommend a loewe not everyone has one and they are super stylish aswell as producing a great picture and sound.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Thanks CNO,

The features were very impressive and without knowing the settings for the picture the PQ was very sharp, maybe a little on the bright side for my eyes.

getting a good pic doesn't take much to achieve on a loewe. Set the picture to soft. sharpness 1, picture format pc mode it does pixel to pixel mapping with no overscan. dnc - digital noise control off, dmm - digital movie mode on or off the latest models have three settings for this light, middle and intensive.

you can also independently save different settings for each input, i also love the fact that you have a dedicated game mode which shuts off all the processing with a press of the green button you haven't got to dive into the menu to find it.

hope this helps if you get another chance to have a play with one again.

michael hoy

Hi Markiedee,

Thanks for the reply, it was the new Individual I saw the other day.

I want something that can better the PQ of my VT30, had a couple of LCD's previously and could not get on with the picture so went back to a Plasma.

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I've had a gt50 50" but to me in my opinion the loewe betters it, to be honest i what one and i want one bad it's just in my case i will only be able to afford the 40" which is £2800 i kinda want the 46" so have to think long and hard.

TRENDING THREADS