Question Locate Speaker Wires

jonnylinton

Jun 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi I recently had a new extension built, as part of the build i had installelled 4 speaker wires all going back to the Sonos amp so that i could have 4 Sonos ceiling speakers. I had 2 of the speakers installed, the other 2 speakers i was going to install once some further work had been completed. I then was away for a short while. When I came back the builder had boarded/drywall and plastered and painted the ceiling, which is what i expected. However, he had not left me any indication on the location of the speaker wires for the remaining 2 speakers.

Is there anyway to locate these wires, ideally I would need an xray machine that can see through plasterboard/drywall.

I purchased
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tracer-Cir...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=
have sent a signal down the wire using a network cable tracer, which successfully emits a tone to the 2 installed speakers (obviously) but i have tried to locate a tone where i believe the speaker wires could be, but i am just not getting a signal as the plasterboard/drywall is to thick.

Without having to rip part of ceiling down is there anyway to trace these 2 speaker wires.

Many, Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

abacus

As you will need to make a hole where you want the speakers to go, why not make a small one (I presume you left the cables roughly where you wanted them to be) and use a small flexible inspection camera to locate them. (You could probably even hire one rather than buying one)

Bill

D

Deleted member 160668

One of these should do the trick.

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts