Living room sound system help for newbie

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
sd

Hi. After years of having an old Hi fi in my bedroom, I've now moved into my own house and need a system in my living room. The cheaper the better as I don't have much surplus cash at the moment. I do have some old PC speakers and old TV speakers at 5.1. Also, I have an old iPod. Ideally looking to jsut download the music via laptop then trans. to iPod/external HD then somehow stream through the speakers. Any ideas on what I need, please? Any help appreciated as I've not bought audio stuff for years and it's changed a hell of a lot since then, as you know.

mantazu

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

From all you have mentioned, you should look for some simple pod for your ipod/iphone and play it. There are number of them today from 1$ to several hundreds, depends on the name. But if you tend to reach some quality in the sound, then I would think about some stereo amplifier, set of speakers and dac for your PC/MAC/iPod converting. You will be supriesed how good your music will sound with few $ invested. It depends on your stile, but I love old stuff: they sound good and cost little. The only thing they do not have fancy R/Cs or control over wifi, connection to internet radio and etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts