Little Dot MK III and Sennheiser HD650

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Just set up my Little Dot MK III headphone amp and Sennheiser HD650 headphones and have to say even without any running in i am already impressed with the overall sound - so open and fresh - can't wait to get a couple of 100 hours on these and get the tubes and hphones burnt in. The whole sound stage is fantastic and so not fatiguing in any way - think this is a little gem.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Glad to hear it. I rather fancied the Mk V dual mono amp. But everytime I looked at the price it seemed to be going up.

A

Anonymous

Your making me jealous!

I was told the 600s are better than the 650s (even if they are cheaper) so I went for them. However, the dealer managed to persuede me to throw in a Project Headbox II with the deal (even though I'm sure it can't be better than my A32's) and some VDH 'The Wave'!

I hope I'm not hijacking too much, but what in your opinion would be better for quality: Connecting the headphone amp to my CD player's second analogue output or connecting to the tape loop?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:Your making me jealous!

I was told the 600s are better than the 650s (even if they are cheaper) so I went for them. However, the dealer managed to persuede me to throw in a Project Headbox II with the deal (even though I'm sure it can't be better than my A32's) and some VDH 'The Wave'!

I hope I'm not hijacking too much, but what in your opinion would be better for quality: Connecting the headphone amp to my CD player's second analogue output or connecting to the tape loop?

I'm guessing prob the cd players second analogue output - less signal path ect

wsn't going to buy a headphone amp till the new year but got sucked in by all the good stuff i kept hearing about the little dot mk III

A

Anonymous

matengawhat:Hughes123:Your making me jealous!

I'm guessing prob the cd players second analogue output - less signal path ect

wsn't going to buy a headphone amp till the new year but got sucked in by all the good stuff i kept hearing about the little dot mk III

Certainly, the Little Dot is on my wishlist for next year along with a new turntable! As for the output, my dealer claims it is better to use the tape-loop, because using two outputs on the CD player degrades the quality??? Never heard of such a problem, but I presume he must be in the know as they're a main dealer of Arcam and Project...

A

Anonymous

I had my eye on a Little Dot MK III on ebay ... it was 2nd hand and available from UK but I lost out as I had a meeting at work right when the auction was ending ... but I do need something to go with my Grado RS-1s.

Quite fancy a WooAudio 3 ...

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wa3+.html

or even splashing out on a WooAudio 2

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wa2.html

The Darkvoice headphone amps also look quite appealing.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
just sat down again tonight for my first proper listen and run through a few different cds i can't believe how great this combo sounds - the sound stage and level of detail is immense - makes my £1600 speakers seem so ordinary in comparison - i was sceptical as to how good a pair of head phones could sound but not any more i am a total convert - WOW

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts