Little class D monoblock is ridiculously good...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
What power amp doesn't have an input? 👹
Not specifically for a source, it has an input from a preamp yes but that's not quite the same I feel.
Unless that source has an output that can be regulated then something with a volume control needs to be attached i.e. a preamp.
This has been the standard method for years
Now perhaps we can get back to agreeing with the OP that these mono integrated boxes are an excellent idea? :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tinman1952

Tinman1952

Well 20 hours in and the little amps continue to impress. Doesn't sound like your typical class D at all. In fact many of you will laugh at this...(or scoff...🙂) but the soundstage, clarity and general tonality reminds me very much of a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated that I had many years ago. Which was ten times more expensive....
How things have moved on.....

Reactions: Gray and shadders
Well 20 hours in and the little amps continue to impress. Doesn't sound like your typical class D at all. In fact many of you will laugh at this...(or scoff...🙂) but the soundstage, clarity and general tonality reminds me very much of a Musical Fidelity A5 integrated that I had many years ago. Which was ten times more expensive....
How things have moved on.....
Those MFs were big soundstage, loads of bass, played loud, but had very little else going for them! I always said you could hear the opposite to a Quad by comparing them to MF - Quad is all about an expressive midrange, MF all about frequency extremes with nothing in the middle. I think I’d rather listen to typical Class D!

Tinman1952

Those MFs were big soundstage, loads of bass, played loud, but had very little else going for them! I always said you could hear the opposite to a Quad by comparing them to MF - Quad is all about an expressive midrange, MF all about frequency extremes with nothing in the middle. I think I’d rather listen to typical Class D!
Interesting...I never found the MF had loads of bass but then I didn't play it loud! It did have a large soundstage and good instrument separation. I didn't keep it that long though... I think I moved to a Naim integrated. Chalk and cheese! 😀

willpower

Mar 9, 2024
Visit site
Thank you so much @Tinman1952 for this suggestion! I recently blew my beloved Dynakit ST70 power amp. Since repair would cost a great deal, I was looking for alternatives and bought two Aiyima A3000s. I thought it would be interesting to, from a technical perspective, try a polar opposite. The result way exceeded my expectations! Clean and natural sound, what else could one want from a system. My setup is Schiit Saga+ preamp and Dynaco A35 speakers, Thorens TD125 Mk2 with Grace 707 tonearm and Pickering XSV3000 (Shibata stylus) and a Musical Fidelity V90-LPS phono amp. Hard to admit but I must say that the new power amps sounds better than my old Tube amp.

Reactions: Tinman1952

TRENDING THREADS