Listening to British rock - B&W CM7 or 684

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Dear all,

I usually listen to British rock, from PF to Q to Kaiser Chiefs.

I've recently auditioned B&W 684 and found them terrific.The mids are excellent, the positioning is clear and vocals are perfect for me.

The amp was Arcam FMJ A18.

What I wanted to ask is:

1. Do I need to stick with this config or try the CM7, which can be bought used for pretty much the same price?

2. Will this amp be enough for CM7 or I should buy another from Arcam?

3. Maybe I should listen 684 and CM7 with Rega or Rotel?

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I like the 684's , they are a great big fun speaker, I wouldn't say cm7's are better , certainly different, the only CM floorstanders I like are the 9's.

It really is down to you, I will say the 684's greatly benefit from as much power as you can give to them.

I would try with the other amps you suggested, the new Arcam 19, if you could find a s/hand A32 0r 38 maybe better still.

Listen as much as you can

Have fun

A

Anonymous

Thanks! Why did you find 684 more interesting? :quest: :quest: :quest:

SpursGator

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Generally speaking, British rock will sound better on the 684s and American rock sounds better on the CM7s.

Irish and Australian rock really require standmounts. Canadian rock is a completely different conversation and requires care. Note that listening to Bryan Adams and Rush on the same day during the break-in period can void your speakers' warranty for liability reasons.

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I didn't know that speakers had nationalist inclinations - do some speakers sound better with american music then? Or what about a German band playing British covers but who are actually based in France - would that require an extra sub in the set up or something?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts