Listening habits

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Al ears said:

Like many, it would seem, I usually listen alone during daytime when I get the chance as when daughter is home it's too noise (she is often heard practising piano or worse, drums and the wife is not too bothered about listening to anything. Evening listening usually means headphones whilst missus watches Casualty or the like. One of my best decisions was to move the hifi from the lounge upstairs into main bedroom, I get a little peace there. ;-)

I feel very fortunate to have built an extension on the side of our semi-detached house. Hifi was never part of the reason to do this, more so a bigger kitchen, downstairs bathroom and a dance room for my son. But once built, it wasn't very long before I saw the possibilities for a music/movie room. Now my son has left home, 95% of the time I have complete access to my own space. Tonight is part of that 5% when my wife will want to watch Strictly in full surround sound! *preved*

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Prefer to be alone as I can play a bit louder and am lucky in some ways that tonight my wife and 2 sons are working and won’t be home till about 1;30 am. Then again it’s nice to share now and again.

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
My living-/bedroom is 6,5 x 3,5 m. I like to listen to my music all alone, except when i'm demo-ing to visitors. Then they almost do fall from their chair sometimes because they like the sound that much. Furthermore is my 'sweet spot' is rather small, so listening is limited to one person at a time..

My listening hours are limited in time by the moment my roommates, upstairs, go to bed because they work early in the daytime. So 10.30 to 11,00 PM is the moment when i usually stop listening. I mostly listen for a period of 1,5 to 2,5 hours.

Also i feel that my 'music-evenings' are limited because i cannot/don't want to contain that glorious feeling of listening/enjoying too much/often. I want it to be special/rare, because there are more things in life. Beside that i cannot concentrate on all the details my audio-set gives me, every evening, because of the energy is costs me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts