Listened to my RX1 and WOW!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
grdunn123:Sorry, just when you said the Okyo was hard in the top end....

No probs mate, I thought it was a little hard but then thought it was the metal tweeters and I was wrong, I set up my mission 783's today and they really surprised me how much treble they put out and compared to my Tannoys sounded to much in your face sound, bass was great but just not for me.

So I noticed how the sound was great around 2am the hardness or coldness was gone but in the afternoon it back, so looks as it may be a mains problem and I may look in to one of them balanced mains units to see if that helps or not.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I've noticed that with my setup too....always seems to sound best later at night. I've bought a Tacima mains unit which seems to have alleviated things somewhat but apart from intalling a separate mains spur I guess you just gotta put up with these fluctuations.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
grdunn123:I've noticed that with my setup too....always seems to sound best later at night. I've bought a Tacima mains unit which seems to have alleviated things somewhat but apart from intalling a separate mains spur I guess you just gotta put up with these fluctuations.

That's the funny thing! I have a separate ring mains feeding my equipment and two russ Andrew silencers and 6 earth spikes to my back garden and it still does it, so looks as balanced mains is the way to go.

Sliced Bread

007L2Thrill:

How far have you got your 782's from the rear wall if you don't mind me asking?

This is kind of my problem really. They've sounded there best at 50cm from the wall, but in my living room that is too far out for practicality, so I have them about 30cm at the moment.

Messiah

chrissy657:
canada16:

The centre though is much better for dialoge.

How much better is the dialogue? I feel my current mission centre is a little muffled, will i notice more clearer dialogue? Im looking to upgrade the front 3 to the BX range around christmas time but im a little concerned about your comments about the improvment from movies. I like listening to music to but was hoping i would see an improvement in films upgrading from my mission fronts.

When I was doing the rounds through various ranges of Mission speakers this is the one thing that always niggled me. I wanted a clearer sound and with surround I found the Missions sounded a bit enclosed. I later switched to Monitor Audio RS range and this was much clearer. So if you find the Missions a little muffled like I used to then I would certainly give the Monitor Audio range a try.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sliced Bread:007L2Thrill:

How far have you got your 782's from the rear wall if you don't mind me asking?

This is kind of my problem really. They've sounded there best at 50cm from the wall, but in my living room that is too far out for practicality, so I have them about 30cm at the moment.

Thanks for that. Yes I can see the problem 30cm but in the living room some things we just do not have the space for, like me I have my subwoofer in the left corner of the room but it would be better around 6 inches out from the rear and side wall bit I would be tripping over it everyday.

Thanks for answering my questions
emotion-21.gif
and I will stop hijacking the thread.

A

Anonymous

rana_kirti:

s is the op saying ....

that he cant make out any difference in movies between 9.1 & ma rx1...?!?

When I replaced my 9.1 with the RX1 I had the same amp, and yes, during action flicks ect. I could not really hear a difference, but in music it was night and day, but now that I got the RX6 with sc-lx, now movies blow everything I have had out of the water.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts