Linn's flagship 360 is the "finest loudspeaker" it has ever made

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Fancy Linn using DSP to correct any issues there might be? Well, I never! It would be interesting to compare the passive model to other speakers that are in the same price bracket. Without the use of any DSP, which after all things said that is exactly what space optimisation does.

Now MQA has died, at least that is something Linn doesn't need to worry about "reverse engineering".

manicm

Fancy Linn using DSP to correct any issues there might be? Well, I never! It would be interesting to compare the passive model to other speakers that are in the same price bracket. Without the use of any DSP, which after all things said that is exactly what space optimisation does.

Now MQA has died, at least that is something Linn doesn't need to worry about "reverse engineering".

Linn had no intention whatsoever to adopt MQA, and said as much, unequivocally. So I don't really see what your point is. Linn developed their Space Optimisation and other room correction/DSP technologies for close to 10 years now.

They've also developed their own DAC from scratch, using no off the shelf one

djh1697

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
@manicm "They've also developed their own DAC from scratch, using no off the shelf one"

There is a major issue with that, if, I know it is unlikely, Linn went bust, where would you get support from? Plenty of third parties supporting the LP12, should something go wrong.

manicm

@manicm "They've also developed their own DAC from scratch, using no off the shelf one"

There is a major issue with that, if, I know it is unlikely, Linn went bust, where would you get support from? Plenty of third parties supporting the LP12, should something go wrong.

Linn went bust? So will the real Linn please stand up. Is China manufacturing the new 360 speaker?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts