Linn Nexus ls250

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Can anyone tell me is it worth to buy a pair of Linn Nexus ls250 speakers in mint condition including ku-stone stands for 200€? I haven't heard them, I am not familiar with their sound, how good are these speakers and all in all what to expect from 20 year old speakers?

Thanks and best regards!

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I used to have a pair of these and must admit didn't like them.
Depends what sound you like. They are very dry and neutral and very little character.
However, for that price, worth having a demo if possible.

A

Anonymous

Hi fella,

I bought a pair 10 years ago and ran them with audiolab C/P and CD player/Rega 3 bi-wired and loved them, great for jazz and fitted well up against a rear wall so kind on space.

When I sold them (for an upgrade to Monitor Audio PMC gold floorstanders)- a very man bought them and said he used to have a pair and had sold them and regretted it ever since. He took them away and then emailed me pictures of them painted a modern grey.

Even though the PMC golds cost a small fortune I always missed the non-invasive and unfatiguing sound of the Nexus and so searched high and low for a good set on Ku Stones which I found and they now have pride of place in my system. The Hiquaphon tweeters are so mellow and make me smile. These are not an in your face speaker but will suprise you time and time again. To make these today with the sort of materials employed would cost a small fortune, the tweeters alone are about £300 a pair.

It's a rare thing to find a good pair and maybe give them an audition bearing in mind these things. I wont be selling mine that's for sure :)

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick responses,

I listen to all sorts of music, except of hip-hop, techno and some other more "aggressive" types so I don't need overwhelming bass. My biggest concern is the age of the speakers and how endurable the drivers are. As mentioned, replacing them is a very costly affair and i have no e
LINN-Nexsus_slika_O_885852.jpg
xperience with vintage spea
kers, so I don't know what to expect. Here are some pictures and as far as I can tell they are pretty nice for their age.

LINN-Nexsus_slika_O_885854.jpg
LINN-Nexsus_slika_O_885855.jpg
LINN-Nexsus_slika_O_885853.jpg
LINN-Nexsus_slika_O_885851.jpg

A

Anonymous

Hi there, First impressions are that these are definately not mint. For starters the rear connectors have been mucked about with and they dont look like Ku Stone stands either = possible trouble. Sorry fella maybe hold out for a better set.

A

Anonymous

Hi there, First impressions are that these are definately not mint. For starters the rear connectors have been mucked about with and they dont look like Ku Stone stands either = possible trouble. Sorry fella maybe hold out for a better set.

A

Anonymous

Hey, thanks for the warning, on paper it sounded all great butt its better to ask for advice from someone who knows something about them then to be sorry when its too late. I will probably do as you suggest and walk away. Thanks again.

A

Anonymous

Probably wise - you can do better than that. Let us know what you go for.... 8)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts