Linn Index Speakers & Aura Amp!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Overdue upgrade, where should I start, budget 500 pounds?

Current system is:

iMac (lossless files) to Airport Express to Beresford 7510 mk6/4 to Aura VA100 Evo to Linn Index speakers.

Obviously my amp and speakers are pretty old, for example would changing to NAD C326BEE with Dali Lektor 2 be a massive improvement? or would my amp with some Neutron 5s be a better solution?

Any advice appreciated... 

matthewpiano

Not sure that the Dalis would be an upgrade over the Linns. I also think your amp is going to take some replacing. At the budget end, I can only think of NAD which would give you similar drive and warmth but if the Aura is working properly still I think it would be more of a sideways move.

Certainly worth trying your Aura with the AVI Neutron Vs. Alternatively, if budget allows, look at AVI's ADM9.1s. Given your choice of source these might be the ideal solution for you.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I personally would upgrade in stages but that all depends on what you are looking for and just how far you want to strive for sound quality. The NAD/Dali combo should sound nice, but a better amp and speakers such as the AVIs would be better. I used to have some Linn Index speakers and liked them, probably a little warmer than the AVIs.

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts