What speakers for cyrus 6xp amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
Hi, i have around 600 pounds to spend on some new speakers. My living room is on the small side so a nice pair of stand mounts is what i'm after. I am currently using dali lektor 2's, they are good it's just i feel my amp can sound much better. I have 3 speakers in mind and won't get to demo so adivce would be welcome. I am considering kef r100's, b&w 685's s2 and dynaudio 2/7.
thumbs_up.gif

paulselwood

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
jimm said:
Hi, i have around 600 pounds to spend on some new speakers. My living room is on the small side so a nice pair of stand mounts is what i'm after. I am currently using dali lektor 2's, they are good it's just i feel my amp can sound much better. I have 3 speakers in mind and won't get to demo so adivce would be welcome. I am considering kef r100's, b&w 685's s2 and dynaudio 2/7.

If your living room is a bit on the small size, I would say get dynaudio 2/6. As the 2/7, may have to much bass. I heard the 2/6 with cyrus, two years ago. To me they work. B&W with cyrus, may be a bit bright.

I don't rate the b&w 685 s2,especially for the cash they want for them.the original 685 were better sounding to my ears,for a lot less money.The cm1s2 are a lot better for around £600-£650.If you like the dali sound and can't demo anything,maybe the ikon mk2 could be the answer or possibly ex demo kef ls50.I think your amp could easily dwell in the £800-£1000 speaker price range.If it was me,I'd save a bit more cash and get the speaker that really sounds good with your amp.If you spend £500-£600 now,you'll only be spending more at a later date for the next upgrade and losing a few hundred on the ones your buying now.you know it makes sense,and you really need to try and dem speakers at these kind of price points,even if you have to go out your way a bit.

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for replying, i have just bought a pair of spendor s3e's from ebay.I have heard that spendor work well with cyrus. I paid £350 for them and would hope they are a clear upgrade over my dali lektor 2's, can't wait to try them!
thumbs_up.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts