LG Z3 (OLED77Z3)

Sienar

May 5, 2023
Visit site
Sorry to say, I think this article is inaccurate regarding MLA on the Z3 series.

Researching this elsewhere on the internet and I'm seeing a lot of reports (even one from yourselves) that this TV doesn't have Micro Lens Array, which would explain the brightness limitations.

The Z series actually have a history of being 1 or 2 years behind the G series models.

Probably due to the relative low stock turnaround for these models. See the article below.

Original WhatHIFI LG 2023 OLED TV lineup: everything you need to know.

Also, no mention of MLA on LGs website page too

LG OLED 8K Z3 77 inch Smart TV 2023 Product Page

On another note though, really delighted to see one of these finally make the review cut. Thank you. Not that I'll ever be able to afford one (without selling the car at least).

Looking through the product data sheet, I'm not even sure it has an OLED EX panel. Again, I would not be at all surprised if they've been using the same screen stock for the last 3 years, just with the newer processors, refreshed case and OS. Can't imagine they sell much.

Last edited:

Sienar

May 5, 2023
Visit site
There are tell tale signs to look for. MLA is brighter off angle. It also has a slight but distinctive light scattering in it's reflections compared to base OLED.

Sienar

May 5, 2023
Visit site
Look for the Alienware 27 360Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitor - AW2725DF. Monitors are kicking off right now. It's only 2560 X 1440.

Here's the thing about 4k though. The higher the resolution, the smaller they have to make the pixels. The smaller the pixels, the less light they can put out. At 27 inches, you really won't be able to tell the resolution at a normal viewing distance. It will be dimmer though and use more energy to give you 4k you really won't notice.

For PC monitors, if your going 42 inches, you'll get that discernable 4k and still have some HDR punch. Otherwise, choose better HDR and lower energy cost.

Last edited:

Sienar

May 5, 2023
Visit site
Just tweaked my original post. Sorry. On a 27imch 4k monitor though, I wouldn't prioritise 4k. QHD is more than up to it and you'll have better HDR due to better pixel size and pitch. The bigger the LEDs, the more light output. If you get a chance to see one somewhere, have a look.

There currently aren't any 4k OLED monitors at 27imches on the market. Might have more luck at 32 inches though.

Last edited:

Kenneth Fernandes

Mar 2, 2024
Visit site
Look for the Alienware 27 360Hz QD-OLED Gaming Monitor - AW2725DF. Monitors are kicking off right now. It's only 2560 X 1440.

Here's the thing about 4k though. The higher the resolution, the smaller they have to make the pixels. The smaller the pixels, the less light they can put out. At 27 inches, you really won't be able to tell the resolution at a normal viewing distance. It will be dimmer though and use more energy to give you 4k you really won't notice.

For PC monitors, if your going 42 inches, you'll get that discernable 4k and still have some HDR punch. Otherwise, choose better HDR and lower energy cost.
I still prefer a 27-inch flatscreen, a 4K screen resolution is brilliant also the brightness can be adjusted in the OSD settings or instead, an ambient light sensor can mitigate the chances of low light screen brightness and be energy-efficient too. Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts