LG OLED 55E6V

con obrien

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Noticed Richer Sounds have the LG OLED 55 E6V for £3299, but also Curry's have another £100 off this price presently!!! Going in the right direction for me, considering I'll have to replace my old stalwart Receiver from my Pioneer VSX - AX5Ai to another Pioneer due to the 4K upgrade???

Depends on your 4K source. If it's just a 4K blu ray player and some apps like Netflix on TV, then you dont need to. The two 4K blu ray players in the market have twin HDMI outs, so you can connect 1 HDMI to TV for 4K video, and the other to the AV receiver for audio. With regards to TV apps, sound can be transmitted to the AV receiver via ARC.

con obrien

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, BB but my Receiver does not have HDMI connections and the TV is one of the first 37" Sharp Aquos LCD which cost me £2700 at the time ( not even HD, but great picture now getting to the end of it's 10 year life??). All my connections are scart and audio to both my Receiver and MF Amp which powers the 2 Front MA Gold Speakers. I am contemplating the LG OLED 55 E6V, although a bit costly at the moment, and also updating my Pioneer Receiver. Gonna be 70 shortly so possibly my last foray into the market and hopefully make a good choice???

con obrien

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
BB, I have 5.1 set up. All MA Gold Speakers apart from Velodyne Subwoofer. The Rears are GRFX just high ( about 6Ft, set to Dipole) to the each side of my dining room door which is between the lounge and dining room. I hopefully will spend around the same cost of my present Pioneer receiver, around £1000.

con obrien

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
BB, will do. We're getting a new carpet fitted late September so it will be after that. Hopefully with the new telly and the receiver in place?? BTW. I was going to post a photo of my set up but couldn't do it as I pressed the image button but ended up with goggledegook??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts