LG OLED 55B7V VS SONY KD49XE9005

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Quick question is the LG worth the extra £500 over the Sony. I'm going to be using mainly with an Xbox 1 X.

Thanks,

Mike

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, do you think the LG is worth the extra £500 for the better input lag or in your opinion would the picture be better as well.

Cheers,

Mike

Mickgw

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Ok thanks i suppose the picture on both of them will be supberb, i'm more towards the Sony and spend the extra on a soundbar.

Cheers,

Mike

cs2011

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
It's a tricky question to answer. Screen uniformity will be better on the LG, but also more prone to image retention.

I saw both of these TVs about a week ago in Currys / PC World, but only with a 4k demo input. Both looked absolutely excellent (as did the Samsung QLED). John Lewis can demo all three with SD and HD signals from an aerial, and I intend to have another look in the near future. Sony's upscaling has historically always been excellent, not sure about LG.

Image retention would be my main concern (along with panel longevity), and there are some long term tests being conducted here by Rtings: https://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/permanent-image-retention-burn-in-lcd-oled

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts