Question LG OLD55B8SLC and Sonos Beam - will they fit?

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
(First post back on the new forums (y))

Is anyone here using a Sonos Beam with an LG OLED 55B8SLC (the crescent stand variant)? I'm potentially going to put these two together, but I can't find anywhere the information to confirm if the Beam fits between the crescent of the TV table stand. It's a discontinued model now (not sure if the current 9 series uses the same stand?) so I can't check it in a shop etc. According to the specs of both units, the Beam will just fit below the bezel of the TV, but that's all I can find out. The location for the TV is fixed and the depth can't be altered, so I need the Beam to fit between the feet to get it in!

I've searched the Internet and couldn't find the answer, couldn't see any threads on here showing pictures, so anyone with first hand experience please.

(Edit - I’ve found an image of what I’m trying to achieve, although I realise this is a different Sony screen and soundbar combo. See below:)
Sony-HT-X8500-Soundbar.png

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion and replies Bigboss - the platform to raise the TV might be an option. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear in explaining. I'm trying to figure out the width of the crescent to see if it is wider than the width of the Beam so I could almost slot the Beam into the space of the table stand. Height-wise I have 1mm which I'd already worked out, but I'm limited on depth where the TV sits so need to utilise the otherwise wasted space of the TV table stand.

Another thought - has anyone got this model of TV (LG OLED55B8SLC) and could just measure the width of the table stand and post it here, please?

Nintendologist

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
There are various width and depth measurements posted by people on Amazon - very unhelpful! I'm guessing that 795mm wide and 319mm deep is sensible for the size of TV so going to work with that.

I'm surprised no one on this forum with this TV has posted here..

D

Deleted member 108165

I'm surprised no one on this forum with this TV has posted here..
I'm not! Not many of the original members left on here, the majority of newbies just come on to get a question answered then b*gger off never to be seen again. Maybe you should try to ask your question on a forum dedicated solely to TV's?

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts