LG 65EC970V OLED £4000 at Powerhouse get John Lewis to price match!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
gel said:
Not bad for a 65-inch OLED TV.

Except that Steve Withers said on the AVForums discussion about the new Panasonic 4K OLED and other top televisions, that he personally wouldn't buy the EC970V because it can't be calibrated properly.
Very true. *smile*

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Ah, I still can't get you to use the Reply button instead of the Quote button, when following immediately after the previous post? Look, I've done it with this posting!

More seriously, it's a shame that the EC970V can't be properly calibrated.

Native_bon said:
I dnt have a bad thing for LG. But was this not the same problem with the 930 Oled. Same old tricks from LG cutting cost.

What else will you expect, when people are shying away from high prices? OLED research has cost a bomb. How will LG recoup that and still make a profit?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Well I suppose so, but then Oled is not worth all the hype then. I believe a product is successful when its affordable as a consumer product. We have waited for years for uniformity problem to be dealt with on LCD tv sets it never really happened. Oled would not be the last in tv tech. There will always be something better, or should I say better ways to get more of our money.*secret*

Native_bon said:
Well I suppose so, but then Oled is not worth all the hype then. I believe a product is successful when its affordable as a consumer product. We have waited for years for uniformity problem to be dealt with on LCD tv sets it never really happened.  Oled would not be the last in tv tech. There will always be something better, or should I say better ways to get more of our money.*secret*

Both LCD and plasma techs took a few years before they became affordable, and OLED is only in its third year. That's the fastest price drop for a new technology!

Native_bon said:
My point being the so called improvements never really happen.

LG isn't really bothered about improving technology. It only wants to sell in masses. That's why they don't even make calibration easy. You can expect improvements from Panasonic and Samsung. Just hope Samsung gets in the market with its OLED. Real improvements will only happen then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts