Leema Pulse II - now just have to wait :)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
In the real world nothing is perfect. Hickups sometimes occur. The most important thing is how a manufacturer reacts to their slip of design. Say in the motor car industry it is not uncommon for a reputable manufacturer to recall one of their models for modification due to unforeseen problems discovered. We are talking about responsibilities of a manufacturer responding to an unforeseen problem.

If you ask me about the service of Leeman Acoustics I can only say it is second to none !! Just give you an example. After I bought my Leema Tucana II even though I did not have any issue with it I phoned an engineer of Leema Acoustics and enquired him if he could find out my amplifier was free of manufacturing problem or not. The engineer was very helpful and ckecked the manufacturing record by using the unique serial number of my Tucana II. It was confirmed that my Tucana II was completely free of issue since production. I was told that they kept all the details and history of individual amplifiers during their life time starting from production including change of ownership. Amazing !!

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Excitable Boy said:
I'm completely astounded by these recent posts. It appears that the Leema is NOT the perfect amp after all. This is very disappointing news after reading thousands of posts on here proclaiming it to be the best amp in the history of the world. I feel a bit cheated ..........

Me thinks you do exaggerate. If you are expecting perfection you will never get it. Sometimes it's not the fact that things go wrong, it's how the problem is dealt with that changes or reinforces your opinion of a product and the company that makes it. The way that Leema appear to have dealt with a small number of issues appears, according to the prior posts, to be very good. I have personal experience of dealing with some UK based hifi companies over some product defects and upgrades (Leema and Chord Electronics) and in both cases the service was exemplary.

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
I took the risk of importing my Pulse from the UK to Australia when they were clearing it and I have nothing but positive things to say about the amp, best hi-fi purchase I have ever made, and I have had a couple of disappointing ones (B&W 685!) for half the price it would have cost me if I puchased here. The Leema PULSE III is listed for $3695AUD here you do the maths! Anyone who can pick one up still at the clearing price will not regret, I mean really do a forum search and there are several owners on the forum, there is not a lot of negative things written about it throughout the internet. It gives me hours of enjoyable music every week with whatever I throw at it.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
ABM78 said:
I took the risk of importing my Pulse from the UK to Australia when they were clearing it and I have nothing but positive things to say about the amp, best hi-fi purchase I have ever made, and I have had a couple of disappointing ones (B&W 685!) for half the price it would have cost me if I puchased here. The Leema PULSE III is listed for $3695AUD here you do the maths! Anyone who can pick one up still at the clearing price will not regret, I mean really do a forum search and there are several owners on the forum, there is not a lot of negative things written about it throughout the internet. It gives me hours of enjoyable music every week with whatever I throw at it.

Glad to hear you love your Pulse :clap:

A

Anonymous

Ok guys!

Just checked what's happening with my case...

I realized my "problem" is not the same you described.

I immediately had a feeling that this could be due to one of two things:

The Hi-Level connection to REL Quake or the connection from the Denon 2105 Pré-Out.

I don't know how, but i was so sure that i don't bothered to check it until now, as i see all posts above... :O

My problem is nothing to do with the Leema Pulse.

Disconnecting the cables from the AVR pré-out to Leema Pulse's AV IN, the noise disappears... :dance:

Remember, i hear a kind of (zzzzzzzzzzzz) from the speakers, increasing with the sound volume but more perceptible from around the 11 O'clock position. This is in any selected input and even with the AVR off...

So! What can i say? I could not be happier. If was now, i buy it again without hesitating...

About the sound, it just amazes me every day!

Sorry my english and i hope you understood...

Thanks.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
AJMG said:
Ok guys!

The Hi-Level connection to REL Quake or the connection from the Denon 2105 Pré-Out.

I don't know how, but i was so sure that i don't bothered to check it until now, as i see all posts above... :O

Disconnecting the cables from the AVR pré-out to Leema Pulse's AV IN, the noise disappears... :dance:

Remember, i hear a kind of (zzzzzzzzzzzz) from the speakers, increasing with the sound volume but more perceptible from around the 11 O'clock position. This is in any selected input and even with the AVR off...

So! What can i say? I could not be happier. If was now, i buy it again without hesitating...

Thanks.

In my previous case there was humming noise in the headphone of my Pulse II but not from the speakers. It took me some time to trace the cause of it and eventually have it eliminated at the advise of an Leema engineer. The humming was due to an earth loop caused by the HDMI cable from my Sony TV to the OPPO 83 universal player !!!

AJMG said:
Ok guys!

Thanks.

Pleased to hear you've tracked the problem.:)

Atanas Rangelov said:
By the way, anyone to share his thoughts on what album/albums sounds really good wth the Pulse ? I intend to buy few CD`s as I want to listen more an more... :)

Any... Classical and big band dynamics is superb with the Pulse, likewise the drive of rock or the intimacy of Soul ballards.

Green Day's 'Warning' album really benefits from the Pulses timing and galloping taut bass. Superb.

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love

Adele - any album

Elvis Costello - Best of.

The Jam - 'Sound Affects' and 'The Gift' sounds very raw. Wonderful.

Currently listening to Labi Siffre's 'So Strong' album.

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Cheers PP, will listen to them on Amazon ( quick listen option ) and if they are to my liking will order them.

If you haven`t tried yet : " Kind of Blue " by Miles Davies ; E.Clapton`s "Unplugged "and Beyonce`s " I AM ...Sasha Fierce " - all those sound beautiful as any of Kean`s albums ....

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Atanas Rangelov said:
Cheers PP, will listen to them on Amazon ( quick listen option ) and if they are to my liking will order them.

If you haven`t tried yet : " Kind of Blue " by Miles Davies ; E.Clapton`s "Unplugged "and Beyonce`s " I AM ...Sasha Fierce " - all those sound beautiful as any of Kean`s albums ....

+1 :) I also got the first 2 albums you mentioned.

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
If you are interetsted the new Lana Del Ray album sounds excellent, and a group called First Aid Kit - The Lions Roar Cd also excellent.

First Aid Kit is two teenage sisters with a country vibe, not my usual scene, but some stunning vocals in my opinion.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Womaz said:
If you are interetsted the new Lana Del Ray album sounds excellent, and a group called First Aid Kit - The Lions Roar Cd also excellent.

First Aid Kit is two teenage sisters with a country vibe, not my usual scene, but some stunning vocals in my opinion.

"Born To Die" is the best produced album I've heard in a long time - I can hear her breathe.

I had tickets to go see her at the HMV Institute in Birmingham last September but sadly illness curtailed it. Will certailnly check out First Aid Kit now you've mentioned them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts