Leema Acoustics Xone

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all ,

nice to be back here again in one the best audio sites ever. I start with a question to those who have had an experience with ( so good and so hugely ignored ) Leema Acoustics speakers. Specifically how "Xone" model compares to "Xero" and what are the pros and cons of this model. I know personally from "Xero" series, these are hugely detailed and great engineered speakers. When partnered with good electronics they serve great quality bass and midrange / treble reproductions.

Thanks.

stereoman said:
Hello to all ,

nice to be back here again in one the best audio sites ever. I start with a question to those who have had an experience with ( so good and so hugely ignored ) Leema Acoustics speakers. Specifically how "Xone" model compares to "Xero" and what are the pros and cons of this model. I know personally from "Xero" series, these are hugely detailed and great engineered speakers. When partnered with good electronics they serve great quality bass and midrange / treble reproductions.

Thanks.

Can't help directly. From reviews the Xones are very detailed and rhythmic. However, because of their diminutive size, they don't handle loud volumes and/or very deep bass well.

As I've owned the Pulse for 6 years I've heard other small speakers which are great: Totem Arros, PMC GB1s, Spendor A5.... currently have PMC TB2is.

I suppose what I'm saying is if loud volume isn't an issue and you just want a floorstander that's discreet then the Xone's could be the speaker for you.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Can't help directly. From reviews the Xones are very detailed and rhythmic. However, because of their diminutive size, they don't handle loud volumes and/or very deep bass well.

Thanks. This is not really true or it is true to some extent. They handle deep bass really well. People often confuse these for they are not "wall shaking boomy bass". They offer good quality bass typical for a monitor sound. Of course larger models should offer more bass extension.

stereoman said:

Thanks. This is not really true or it is true to some extent. They handle deep bass really well. People often confuse these for they are not "wall shaking boomy bass". They offer good quality bass typical for a monitor sound. Of course larger models should offer more bass extension.

You could be spot on. Any small floorstander will have limitations. I toyed with the idea of Xone's when I replaced my RS6s, but decided to go down the PMC route. Leema Pulse and PMC i series is a magical combo for the price.

There is another poster on here who owned the Xeros, but after taking my advice purchased PMC DBi1s. He said they were better than the Xeros... again I've no personal experience of Leema speakers.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stereoman said:

Leema Pulse and PMC i series is a magical combo for the price.

I believe you. When you have a chance have a listen to Leemas.

stereoman said:
plastic penguin said:
stereoman said:

Leema Pulse and PMC i series is a magical combo for the price.

When you have a chance have a listen to Leemas.

If I get the opportunity...I will.

I've no doubt they are exceptional speakers, they'll certainly excel in some areas that other brands can only think about. But great all-rounders? Not sure. I've read so many mixed reviews.

That said, it'll be hard to find a poor component made by Leema Acoustics.

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
I have owned the xeros. They are great little speakers, they throw a soundstage that shouldn't be possible considering their size. They just completely dissappear in your room.I wouldn't say they do deep bass . They have a bass that's well balanced with the mids and highs. I believe pp to be right with the xones. They were rated 4 star from whifi.bass light I think the review said from memory.i couldn't see those little drivers filling your room with a deep bass in those larger cabinets.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
damonster said:
I have owned the xeros. They are great little speakers, they throw a soundstage that shouldn't be possible considering their size. They just completely dissappear in your room.I wouldn't say they do deep bass . They have a bass that's well balanced with the mids and highs. I believe pp to be right with the xones. They were rated 4 star from whifi.bass light I think the review said from memory.i couldn't see those little drivers filling your room with a deep bass in those larger cabinets.

I remember the "Xones" had 5 stars in a 2008 WHF review and later were dropped to 4 because of the competition.

Timpd

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
A couple of years ago I heard some Leema speakers at the Bristol show. Not sure which model but they were tiny and belting out some really strong full bodied bassy music at high volumes. I thought they were extraordinary, possibly the best sound I heard all day , certainly the most surprising.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Timpd said:
A couple of years ago I heard some Leema speakers at the Bristol show. Not sure which model but they were tiny and belting out some really strong full bodied bassy music at high volumes. I thought they were extraordinary, possibly the best sound I heard all day , certainly the most surprising.

Ok.Thanx for info.

stereoman said:
Timpd said:

Ok.Thanx for info.

I'm sure if you really like Xeros then the Xones should be a no-brainer.

BTW, what amp do you use?

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stereoman said:
Timpd said:

Ok.Thanx for info.

I partnered them with Cyrus 8vs when I had them, great synergy between these two. I am also using Accuphase but older model. I think about coming back to Cyrus amps - sth. like 8xpd or 8a. Accuphase amps are wonderful too...

stereoman said:
plastic penguin said:
stereoman said:
Timpd said:

Ok.Thanx for info.

I partnered them with Cyrus 8vs when I had them, great synergy between these two. I am also using Accuphase but older model. I think about coming back to Cyrus amps - sth. like 8xpd or 8a. Accuphase amps are wonderful too...

Go for it. Can't see the Xones being tonally that different from their little siblings. Then you can't tell us your thoughts....

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stereoman said:
plastic penguin said:
stereoman said:
Timpd said:

Ok.Thanx for info.

Go for it. Can't see the Xones being tonally that different from their little siblings. Then you can't tell us your thoughts....

I will. I'm curious as well.

ajmjcowan

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I've had both the Xeros and Xones. I really liked the clear top end of the Xeros, openess, speed and punchy mid-bass but their overall balance was bass light becoming fatiguing over time. I picked up some Xones thinking they'd resolve the tonal balance but to be honest the difference wasn't huge - they still sounded a bit bass light and I could never really get along with them. Tried them both with a range of different amps including Cyrus 8vs2, Pre vs2/X-Power, Naim XS, MF A3.2, Plinius 9200 and Plinius M8/P8 Pre-Power and an Arcam Solo Mini and the tonal balance was consistent throughout. Hope that's helpful.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
ajmjcowan said:
I've had both the Xeros and Xones. I really liked the clear top end of the Xeros, openess, speed and punchy mid-bass but their overall balance was bass light becoming fatiguing over time. I picked up some Xones thinking they'd resolve the tonal balance but to be honest the difference wasn't huge - they still sounded a bit bass light and I could never really get along with them. Tried them both with a range of different amps including Cyrus 8vs2, Pre vs2/X-Power, Naim XS, MF A3.2, Plinius 9200 and Plinius M8/P8 Pre-Power and an Arcam Solo Mini and the tonal balance was consistent throughout. Hope that's helpful.

Great. Thanks a lot for the info. I really like Leemas bass reproduction ( monitor not boomy sound ) so I guess I'll be ok with Xones.

TRENDING THREADS