Leema Acoustics - any love?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
drummerman said:
Rick offered to me to try the Tucana after you have finished with it (but will you? ;-) )

I politely declined. As tempting as it is, I could not afford one. To then go back to my lowly Schmegel would be ... difficult me thinks. :)

Why don't you buy the h190 for only £800
I've seen quoted on this forum only a day or 2 ago?

I would ... for that price.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:
Andrewjvt said:
drummerman said:
Rick offered to me to try the Tucana after you have finished with it (but will you? ;-) )

I politely declined. As tempting as it is, I could not afford one. To then go back to my lowly Schmegel would be ... difficult me thinks. :)

Why don't you buy the h190 for only £800
I've seen quoted on this forum only a day or 2 ago?

I would ... for that price.

Sorry
But I've been informed that they are not actually available at that price and we have been mislead.

Sorry about that.
If you like I can recommend an authorized Hegel dealer in your area that will be only willing to help you.

insider9

drummerman said:

It's a very interesting experiment. There's some wisdom to what you decided but I'm glad that I did it. I've learned tonnes as a result
For me that experience is priceless.

To answer the OP's original question and the answer is mixed. That is purely because they have very limited dealerships or only heard at shows, which based on my own experience can be misleading.

Apart from Rick, Davidf, insider and yours truly, I'm hard pushed to know who else on this thread has actually heard any Leema in a home environment.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
To answer the OP's original question and the answer is mixed. That is purely because they have very limited dealerships or only heard at shows, which based on my own experience can be misleading.

Apart from Rick, Davidf, insider and yours truly, I'm hard pushed to know who else on this thread has actually heard any Leema in a home environment.

Try find an unhappy leema owner

Don't think they exist on here. I've influenced a few people with the Pulse, purchased on my recommendations. Most have upgraded like me to the Tucana or another more expensive amp.

Amp-wise, Leema have got the balance right IMHO: The combination of power and subtlety and realism. However, it's that lack of dealers stocking Leema which is their achilles heel. I know when David worked at the other place remarked on the similar lines.

For me that's what makes them special: The fact you buy them in the high street chains.

I’ve just been reading the April 2018 HiFi Choice article about a dealer in Maidstone - it’s on page 91. Their top range system including KEF Ref 3s and Clearaudio Innovation uses a Leema Agena phono stage costing a cool £3,595. Obviously a pretty special device!

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Don't think they exist on here. I've influenced a few people with the Pulse, purchased on my recommendations. Most have upgraded like me to the Tucana or another more expensive amp.

Amp-wise, Leema have got the balance right IMHO: The combination of power and subtlety and realism. However, it's that lack of dealers stocking Leema which is their achilles heel. I know when David worked at the other place remarked on the similar lines.

For me that's what makes them special: The fact you buy them in the high street chains.

I also like the idea of brands not many have

I bought my Leema Pulse from a fellow forum user (hi, Tino) and was very happy with it indeed.

it was only replaced as i fancied a change, and saw the Marantz at a really good price.

The Pulse is a very capable amp with a fantastic phono stage to boot. The new owner threw his money at me once he'd heard that. it practically sold itself.

to compare it to the marantz, the clear difference is the detail, theres more of it from the Marantz, more delicate, nuanced. whereas the Leema punches. but yeah, that phono stage in the Leema is worth the money alone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts