Leema Acoustics - any love?

insider9

I remember it was PP who first got me interested in Leema. At that point I was thinking it probably isn't the kind of a sound I'm after.

Then came Roksan, Naim, Densen, now Hegel. It feels like Leema could be in the same ballpark.

nopiano said:
I like the idea of the company, their background and provenance. Unfortunately, on the three occasions I’ve heard them, only a the Bristol shows, though they select a room on the top floor away from everyone else, I’ve never actually liked what I heard.

I’d look at ATC electronics if you want British made quality, though dealers are quite thin on the ground.

No doubt, nopiano, it was an all Leema set-up. This is where my logic and reasoning stops. I've never heard their CDPs, streamers or speakers.

Leema CDPs and speakers have always had mixed reviews from this mag and other hi-fi reads. Based on that, can't comment either way.

Think you know what I'm going to say about their products. However, I'm not sure many other things in life that are so personal. Each brand has its own slant on what we call music reproduction. Leema certainly tugs my rug.

Insider should blag a dem of a Leema amp with some PMCs and see how it grabs him.

I would guess, from what I've read on here many, many times, that Leema are closer than most integrated amps to a good active speaker, in terms of timing, detail and imaging. Have to stress, though, it is purely a hunch.

insider9

Thanks for your input guys. Got a little spot the difference competition for you. First Pic taken a day before yesterday. Second, this morning...

Hint it is not part of the day...

40500991695_35d632e3cf_b.jpg

26554436897_3583365b86_b.jpg

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
davidf said:
To be honest, I was just knocking a certain thread off the top of the “late night pile” that’s in the wrong section anyway - there was nothing else I could reply to *biggrin*

Never mind that, who's buying medication this morning? Or fish? ;-)

D

Deleted member 108165

The blank space on the top shelf of your rack is now occupied! Not sure what it is though... Leema amp by any chance? *smile* I guess the empty box is the clue.

D

Deleted member 108165

Pretty carp at naming amps so I had to google images of Leema... Tucana II Anniversary Edition?

D

Deleted member 108165

You made it too easy Insider *smile* Haven't been up long, shift worker, so that was with sleepy eyes too.

Looking forward to your review, I'm sure it will be interesting... they usually are.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Wow, the Anniversary edition, bought or on loan?

I'm a big Leema fan, although I don't own any yet, I keep making PP cheeky offers for his Tucana *wink* it'll have to be second hand for me, if I can find one...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts