Leap of Faith - Grant Fidelity TubeDAC 11

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have read at few places about this DAC. I have looked back at my HiFi journey only to realize that I have never swayed away from a well established brand.

I thought, why not take a little risk and buy a DAC which is getting so highly recommended. Since there is no high entry price to buy this DAC, the potential loss is very loss. Saw the internal pics and the construction looks quite great especially with a torroidal transformer all at 236 Pounds - how bad I could hurt myself ? ;)

Just ordered.. Will post my progress time to time..

Meanwhile would be glad to know if some one had some similar experience in this area of treading into unchartered brands for themseles..

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I haven't heard this Dac, but once again, I think you have sniffed out a very interesting looking product (I think it even handles 24/192)

I assume you are looking to introduce a little "tube magic", without the heat and power usage. It might be just the thing to tame any wayward treble.

I look forward to your thoughts.

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of unchartered territory I have recently purchase an amp from Cayin-a German/Chinese venture, my experience though has been really positive, nothing typically chineese to report here. The aesthetics, construction and sound quality really surprise me even after 2 weeks of purchase. I think there are a lot of good hi-fi companies being neglected because they have been unable to reach the hands of many reviewers.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I assume you are looking to introduce a little "tube magic", without the heat and power usage.

Exactly! There is a definite magic there but I want to have it with out much compromise on speed or details or excessive power inefficiencies ;)

Also there is a different world out there with 'tube rolling' and this entry ticket seems to be the cheapest! I can not imagine myself doing tube rolling on a multi tube power amp.

Just reading the differences between a tube buffer and a tube pre-amp in a dac
smiley-surprised.gif

michael hoy

WishTree said:
CnoEvil said:
I assume you are looking to introduce a little "tube magic", without the heat and power usage.

Exactly! There is a definite magic there but I want to have it with out much compromise on speed or details or excessive power inefficiencies ;)

Also there is a different world out there with 'tube rolling' and this entry ticket seems to be the cheapest! I can not imagine myself doing tube rolling on a multi tube power amp.

Just reading the differences between a tube buffer and a tube pre-amp in a dac
smiley-surprised.gif

Wish Tree, your system pictures are not showing anymore.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Wish Tree, your system pictures are not showing anymore.

That is odd.. I do not even remember how I posted them.. may be I have uploaded them on Picasa and posted the links. Anyways, the pics are very old. Not really ancient but those times when I used to have Pathos Inpol2. I will post new pics with the current set up though the current set up is in a bit of transient stage ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts