LCR Speaker Options

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

now sorting out my AV set up in our new house. We've just purchased a Panasonic SC-BT230 Blu-Ray all in one theatre. Has channels for left, right, centre rears and sub and I'm pretty pleased with the sound.

I'm looking for a passive LCR speaker to mount on the TV bracket (yet to be purchased) that will move with the TV. Would an LCR be compatable with SC-BT230.

For ease of use and neatness (yes I'm married) I'm drawn towards Q Acoustics Q-AV LCR 50 as this will match the size of the screen and is the be attached to QA5505 cantilever wall mount.

Has anyone used this speaker with a non Q Acoustics set up and can you suggest anything else. Also looking at Audica CX-LCR and CS-LCR. Any of these 3 really stand out.

Additionally I'm looking to use my redundent front left and right speakers as rears. They appear to be the same as the proper rears that came in the box. I'm wanting to mount the 4 rears around the lounge and some how rig up a switch so I can select which two speakers would be in use depending on the position of viewing. (we have 2 seating areas so want a flexible set up. One is a pretty ideal 2 seat theatre set up but we have an additional 5 seat corner suite) Thoughts and ideas on this too please.

A

Anonymous

SC-BT230 speaker info

Total Power 1000 W

Front 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)

Centre 250W (1kHz, 6ohms, 10% THD)

Surround 125W x 2 (1kHz, 3ohms, 10% THD)

Subwoofer 250W (100Hz, 6ohms, 10% THD)

SPEAKER SYSTEM

Wireless Rear Speakers Ready

Advanced Bamboo Cone yes (Center)

Front

Configuration 1 way 1 speaker, Bass-ref.

Speaker Unit [Approx.] Full Range: 6.5cm Cone Type

Weight (kg) [Approx.] 0.4

Dimensions (W x H x D)(mm) [Approx.] 80 x 118.5 x 68

Centre

Weight (kg) [Approx.] 0.6

Dimensions (W x H x D)(mm) [Approx.] 145 x 85 x 71.5

Surround

Weight (kg) [Approx.] 0.4

Dimensions (W x H x D)(mm) [Approx.] 80 x 118.5 x 68

Subwoofer

Speaker Unit [Approx.] Woofer: 16cm Cone Type

Weight (kg) [Approx.] 2.8

Dimensions (W x H x D)(mm) [Approx.] 145 x 289.5 x 25

A

Anonymous

Have spoken to Q Acoustics and they've said all will be ok. As for the rears, I'm considering using 2 FX71 wireless kits to give me 7.1 .

TRENDING THREADS